• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hmmm....bad idea or not?

RavenMoon

Mama Doe
I've just ordered a shopping trolley for when I need to go the shops without Andrew to carry the heavy stuff. My back is too dodgy to keep lugging heavy bags, and it's relatively funky so not bothered how I look.

The idea is to make a second lining out of a thick material, and cut holes around it which will be meshed over. I'll add cushions in the bottom, along with extra support around the edges and corners. The plan is then to use it as a carrier for the buns. At least two of them if not all three would be able to fit in it, the vets is 5 minutes walk away and I'll check every visit for any signs of chewing. It's 4 wheeled too, so will be stable, and as I said I'll be adding further support. ATM we can only carry one per carrier, it's too heavy to walk with otherwise, and I shouldn't be carrying anyway. I was initially going to make a strap to hold a carrier on top of it, but I think making a second bag would work better. As I said I'd be cushioning the bottom a lot, so I can't imagine it being any less comfortable than being carried in a carrier.

So am I missing anything? They don't normally chew their current carriers at all, I think they're too aware of what they mean, and I give them hay and stuff to occupy them. This is all assuming I can remove the current bag easily enough, but I think with the vets being so close the fabric shouldn't be an issue as long as its strong.

Back