• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Age gap?

Mayhew

New Kit
Hi all,

My partner and I recently adopted a 3yr old female French lop. We've been looking around for a partner for her of around the same age, and have just come across an adorable though considerably younger French Lop. He's only 6 months old currently, and though we're experienced rabbit owners, we've only ever bonded one pair of buns previously. As such I'm not sure whether that would be to great an age difference, and was just looking for views from those with more experience.

Thanks.

In my opinion, age is irrelevant. The character of the buns is much more important. Flora is 10.5 and bonded only last year with Benji who's just turned 6.

My girl is about 7 or 8, we don't know her real age but she is getting on in age and her partner is 2, we know his age for certain. They have been together a year and a very happy couple.

Yep, just like with humans, age is just a number. I have a 5 year old living with 2 three year olds, and a (almost) 6 year old living with a 2 year old. They all love each other. Of course it may mean I have to get another when one dies, but buns can die at any age!

Back