• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

snowflake softchip v's aubiose

softchip looks to be pine, and I know there are supposedly dangers related to the phenols in pine shavings so I assume you'd have the same issue there.
I use aubiose for my mice and chickens, and in my rabbit run and can't recommend the stuff enough.

Poultry drinkers would probably be a little difficult for rabbits to drink from. I use these bottles which are fantastic. They're just like a bowl for the rabbits to drink from but clean and easy like bottles.
52042_kerbl_kaninchentraenk_1.jpg

Ah, thanks I missed the 'fresh pine fragrance' I have emailed them to check what wood. If no good then I will give aubiose a try.

I have just got one of the bottles.... Once they have drunk the water in the metal bit the water won't flow out?! Have to keep going d I wn and squeezing it, no idea what is going wrong.

Ah, thanks I missed the 'fresh pine fragrance' I have emailed them to check what wood. If no good then I will give aubiose a try.

I have just got one of the bottles.... Once they have drunk the water in the metal bit the water won't flow out?! Have to keep going d I wn and squeezing it, no idea what is going wrong.

It sounds like you might have a faulty bottle. I have no idea how that would be physically possible, even if you'd somehow put it together wrong. The water would have to be defying gravity :lol:
If the bowl fills up in the first place and you can squeeze water out I'd imagine it should flow out on it's own :? Is the hole totally clear?

Update! For anyone reading this wanting a review!

I bought aubiose and used it for a week, I don't really like it, but the bunnies have gone on a mega strop and are weeing everywhere!
Having tried it I think megazorb is far more absorbent and the bunnies certainly prefer it..... Good job my friend has chickens as she has just inherited an almost full bale of aubiose!

Thanks for the update, I've been umming and ahhing between switching to aubiose or fitch. Think I might go for fitch now! What was it you didn't like about the aubiose?

Thanks for the update, I've been umming and ahhing between switching to aubiose or fitch. Think I might go for fitch now! What was it you didn't like about the aubiose?

Ailstar I'm ordering Fitch on Monday (pay day!), will let you know how the buns get on with it.

Ailstar I'm ordering Fitch on Monday (pay day!), will let you know how the buns get on with it.

Thanks! :) I've still got some wood chips to get through, I'm a bit sorry to see them go because they are lavender scented and make the buns smell lovely :)

Mainly that although the wet sinks to the bottom, it doesn't soak the wet up like megazorb does, so you get wee puddles at the bottom and if they like a little dig it makes the litter tray seem very wet which is maybe why they are weeing everywhere else.
Also means that when I come to tiping, it is just soaking wet In the bottom so rather than a quick wipe it is more of a proper wash each time which takes longer and was having to empty every day sometimes twice, rather than every other day.

if you like megazorb you will love fitch.... its very soft but much less dusty (also lighter, megazorb hurts my back lugging it around). x

I bought a bale of bedding but cant remember which one!!!:oops: It is white and soft and wonderfully absorbent. Any ideas?

Hurrah, after nearly a week of clearing up puddles, thinking it was a leak in the house, then worrying some one was incontinent and then realising they were just weeing everywhere because they don't like aubiose. I switch them back to megazorb last night and guess what. ?... No wee puddles and using their litter trays properly again, phew!

Hurrah, after nearly a week of clearing up puddles, thinking it was a leak in the house, then worrying some one was incontinent and then realising they were just weeing everywhere because they don't like aubiose. I switch them back to megazorb last night and guess what. ?... No wee puddles and using their litter trays properly again, phew!

Don't say that, I've ordered a big bale of Fitch this morning...hope my two likes it, otherwise they'll be some free Fitch going on here! lol

Don't say that, I've ordered a big bale of Fitch this morning...hope my two likes it, otherwise they'll be some free Fitch going on here! lol

You won't regret it, it is AMAZING. I wish I had known about this a long time ago but have been using it for 3/4 months after swapping from Megazorb (which was getting dustier and dustier). I still buy Aubiose now but use it for the g pigs where there is newspaper underneath because in the litter trays in was so yucky with the collection of urine at them bottom lol

Back