• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

I'm in bits :'( updated she passed away

PrincessPomPom

Warren Scout
I posted in behaviour about PomPom going up and downstairs I thought she was fine but she's not, she's full force running and crashing into walls that's clearly not normal. Rushed her to the vet, who said she's going to put her under so she can have a look a pompom is dribbling. Pompom hasn't been eating as normal but she's been eating treats but since yesterday she wouldn't accept. The vet says her running into walls is neurological she was fine I can't help to think maybe she fell down the stairs?! But she did it twice with 2 sets of stairs! I'm so so so worried :'(

Last edited:
Sounds dental to me if she hasn't been eating, Biscuit & Ginger both thrash into walls when they are on a mad run, hope the vet can help :thumb:

I hope the vet can work out what the problem is, my two don't usually bang into walls, except for the odd mistimed binky and when they go up and down the stairs, they're just so exciting they don't always stop at the top :roll:

Hopefully she hasn't fallen down the stairs although it is possible :( Harvey once startled me on the landing so I screamed and startled him and he fell down the stairs :( I cried and he was fine :roll: I'd say even if she did fall she'd have to have been extremely unlucky to have hit her head hard enough to cause severe neurological problems, so hopefully it's something simple and easily rectified!

Just thought I'd add Harvey once did a flop on to the entrance of the ramp in his hutch and rolled down it, he bruised his hip and was sore enough to stop eating, metacam and gut stimulant later and he was fine. So maybe she's got a bit of a bruise from having so much fun on the stairs? Just a thought!

Last edited:
That does sound neurological to me. It could be that she is in extreme pain. I knew a bun that had a a liver contusion and he was throwing himself around and banging into walls etc. :cry: I hope your vet can help Pompom. x

Last edited:
Thinking of you and PomPom, hopefully the vet will find something they can put right easily. xx

I don't have any advice but wanted to add vibes - I hope you can find out what the problem is, and that it can be easily solved.

Lots of vibes to you and Pompom I know how much she means to you from reading your posts on here.

The vet rang, she had some sharp spurs which they've filed down. They think she possibly has a parasite which is causing her neurological symptoms so when I pick her up they will give me 28 days of wormer and hopefully that fixes it. If not she will need a blood test and an MRI scan :(

Back