• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Correx for use outside?

EBM

Mama Doe
Well I'm starting to think about winter already and how I can provide a little more shelter from the elements for my outside buns. Their hutch/kennel is quite exposed in the outside section and if we get a heavy downpour it can get a little wet inside. I wondered if correx might be a suitable material to attach onto some of the mesh to provide some extra shelter from the wind? If it's good I thought it might also work as a part roof for the run too. I want something that I can attach but then remove easily for the summer months and use again. I haven't had any experience with Correx myself, so wasn't sure how easy it is to cut etc? I thought maybe I could punch some holes in it and use cable ties to attach to the mesh?

Any advice would be helpful! Or ideas of a more suitable (cheapish!) material, thanks!

if you go to a sign making shop they will poss sell you some, i brought a sheet about 4 foot by 2 foot cost £5 and he gave me some off cuts for free, when i made my Ncube thing.

its light plastic cuts with a sharp craft knife for heavy duty scissors.

or try estate agents and see if they have any old signs they can let you have :? make it more jazzy :lol:

If you look in the Housing section you will see what Fluffers did to her hutch and run and would be perfect for you to adapt to your set up. :thumb: :D

I used correx outside and after a few months it perished quite badly, and started flaking apart (it was a right pain to clean up as it just disintegrated).

I don't know if there are different types though? Maybe I got the wrong type.

I used correx outside and after a few months it perished quite badly, and started flaking apart (it was a right pain to clean up as it just disintegrated).

I don't know if there are different types though? Maybe I got the wrong type.

oh dear this doesn't sound too good, I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience?
I just thought I might be a good material in that I would be easy to cut and attach to the mesh

oh dear this doesn't sound too good, I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience?
I just thought I might be a good material in that I would be easy to cut and attach to the mesh

Yes, it would be good if someone else had tried it too, as it's entirely possible I got the wrong type :lol::roll:. It seemed to be the sun more than the cold that made it disintegrate. Mine was quite exposed so if you are using it inside the hutch it might fare better.

It was really easy to cut though as you say.

Back