• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding groups poll

bonded group successfully?

• yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

lucy24

Mama Doe
just wanted to know how many have successfully bonded groups of 5(or there abouts) successfully?

if you could post as well with details of the buns personalities and results that would be great.:wave:

have voted but afraid that answering rest of question would take a long time and I have work to complete before tmws lecturing. We presently have two groups of five, about 4 groups of four, several groups of three and a couple.

We did have a group of 6 but one had an eyesight problem develop that made the group difficult for him - so thats now a group of five.

Personally I would have said real variation in each group - they just need to establish relationship to each other - if there is a bully and one being bullied I have found it better to subtract the bullied one (seems counter-intuitive buts its worked for us every time its happened). If yo subtract the bully then the whole order has to be re-established. Sbtract the bullied one and the group settles down.

Have 2 bonded groups. In the one there is 2 girls 5 boys, 1 bossy girl, 1 placid girl, 3 quiet well behaved boys,1 bossy boy and 1 demented out of control boy. Group 2, special needs group, 1 human aggressive boy, 3 placid happy boys and one bossy girl. All work really well and are very happy. Let me know if you need any other info xx :D

We had a group of 5. Mum, 2 daughters, 1 son and additional female (possible daughter from a previous litter). It worked well for a while but one of the daughters started to bully the additional female and we had to remove the additional female. So it was successful for a while...

It was difficult telling if one was ill and it was difficult to decide to remove the female. I don't think I would go above a group of 4 again

Personalities - mum was very protective of them all but would show dominance if the others played up. Both daughters were quite dominant but not to mum. The additional female was very placid and nervy and the male just loved every one. The new male is very protective of his girls and would not allow us to add another male.

Last edited:
Back