• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Pair and my Single are off for a dirty w/e UD maybe coming home

madcatwoman

Mama Doe
I really need my 3 to be a trio and not a pair and a single. So the rescue that my pair are from has very kindly offered to 'give it a go'

So they are off tomorrow night, its nice and local and they are a brilliant couple, totally dedicated to rabbits so Ive got everything crossed.

I gave it a go in my bath but I wasn't sure whether I was too eager to stop them with each other etc, I found it so stressful and scary.

Gonna miss em. but it will give us chance to lay new lino and totally blitz the bunny shed.

I wont be totally bunny free as my friends rabbits are coming to stay in my front garden for a week from tomorrow night.

My rabbits are at the back so no chance of meeting etc.

Last edited:
Hope it all goes well and they come back all loved up. Keep us posted as this is an option I am considering for my single boy so I'm eager to know everyone's experiences.

Good Luck buns, happy bonding :D

Oh yes, keep us posted, and if its successful can you find out what they did, I'm considering trying to bond my two pairs into a foursome... Different situation I know but kinda similar. Thanks.

I know that shes going to put them all in the bath, well you need to be clean and smelling good to fall in love:lol:

They've not made any promises which is fair enough but I have got everything crossed. Weve got a number of our rescue bunnies from them over the years and I have a lot of respect and time for the couple, if anyone can do it I reckon they can.

I rang this morning. They were in the bath, they've been there overnight and so far so good. They've all eaten which I am very relieved about.

So today me and hubby have re-done the shed, we took all the boarding off, put new lino down then put the boarding back up after I had cleaned it, Ive scrubbed the little hutch that they have in the shed and Ive even been on my hands and knees with a long screwdriver pulling muck and hay from under the shed:oops:

Its all spick and span, just need my buns home now, its very quiet without them. My holiday rabbits just aren't the same as my little group.

They spent a good 24 hours in the bath and have now progressed to an indoor cage. So far so good, certainly not all loved up but no fighting etc. I know its early days yet, Twinkle is happy with both boys its just getting the boys to shake hands and be friends. I have everything crossed.

I must say I am really missing them but I understand that it takes a good few days to hopefully get a good result.

Well I am really missing them now:( but I do understand it takes time. Ive spoken to the rescue every day, twice a day but today I have been big and brave and only rung once:oops:.

They are still all in the indoor cage, my original pair are still loved up, my female is fine with both boys but its my original male that's not sure about Stanley the baby. They did share a bowl at breakfast but as yet aren't laying beside each other or grooming. We are all desperate that this bond works so we are giving it the best shot by giving it time.

The lady that's doing the bonding is just brilliant, shes just got the knack with them. I really cant thank her and her husband enough because there was no way I could have plucked up the courage to do this.

My 2 holiday girl bunnies are this evening coming out of their indoor cage and hopping round the kitchen. they are very cute etc but they just aren't my rabbits.

Good to know they are getting there, slowly but surely :) I'm really worried about starting a new bond for my boy but I know he's missing bunny company. So it's good to hear positive bonding experiences. I bonded him with his wife originally & bonded many pairs of piggies not to mention cats but for some reason I've lost my nerve with my little boy, think I just don't want another one to be mean to him! Plus I miss my girl terribly, had her nearly 10 years :(

So the terrible trio have been away bonding for a week now (sigh) and Ive really missed seeing their little faces at my patio door and having nose rubs (sigh).

They are doing ok, all in one indoor cage, eating together, the boys are ok with each other, Twinkle gave Stan the cold shoulder yesterday but seems to have chilled again today.

So providing nothing goes wrong then theres every chance they may come home on Sunday:D

The couple that have done this bonding for us have been brilliant, they've put up with me ringing them every day:oops: they've been so patient with me. I cant thank them enough

That is great to hear that they are getting on so well :D

I bet you can't wait to get them home, hopefully they will stay happily bonded when they return :).

Can't wait to see pictures of them when they come back and are settled.

Back