• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spiders!!!!!

bunnylover1995

Alpha Buck
There's a fair few spiders in the hutch, I've tried every spray and wipe, and I've washed it out from top to bottom, in all the nooks and crannies, but I can't get rid of them :shock:. I suppose it's a good thing as they get rid of the flies, but they terrify me :oops: to the extent where I had to get my dad to put their food in because there was one on the door... :roll:

How do you keep your hutches arachnid free?

U would have loved mine the other day... A web of hundreds of new spider hatchlings as I opened hutch door :shock: I just had to scoop them up and move them! Didn't want them all making a new home in the hutch :roll: I used to get a lot of harvestmen which I hate! I got the odd spiders in my old hutch but used to leave them, like u said to catch the flies :D But since I got the new hutches I haven't seen any spiders or harvestmen in them :D Or snails which I used to get a lot, but that's prob because the rabbits used to get a bowl full of pellets each day :shock: before I knew better!! I'd say leave them be but not easy if you're scared if them, but I don't think there's much u could do except maybe put fly screen over the mesh?

U would have loved mine the other day... A web of hundreds of new spider hatchlings as I opened hutch door :shock: I just had to scoop them up and move them! Didn't want them all making a new home in the hutch :roll: I used to get a lot of harvestmen which I hate! I got the odd spiders in my old hutch but used to leave them, like u said to catch the flies :D But since I got the new hutches I haven't seen any spiders or harvestmen in them :D Or snails which I used to get a lot, but that's prob because the rabbits used to get a bowl full of pellets each day :shock: before I knew better!! I'd say leave them be but not easy if you're scared if them, but I don't think there's much u could do except maybe put fly screen over the mesh?

EEEEK!

I thought about fly screens, until one squeezed under the roof into the hutch today... :/ guess I'll just have to make dad move them all before I clean out ;)

EEEEK!

I thought about fly screens, until one squeezed under the roof into the hutch today... :/ guess I'll just have to make dad move them all before I clean out ;)

Yep that's the thing, spiders will find a way in they only need the tinyest gap!! U obviously make the hutch too inviting :lol:

I don't :(

I have a shed right now and it's about 4 or 5 months old and im starting to get them moving in... I just have to look for them before i go in and make sure they dont jump out at me :)

i also have a feather duster... that helps get rid of webs.

I just clean all the time. I think that helps.

I cleaned out my old hutch from before the rabbits lived in the shed in prep for the guineas to move in and i pulled the tray out, turned it over and propped it in the bin to get rid of the old hay and the biggest fecker came scuttling out of it! *shudders* yeah... scary XD I'm not so bad now since i've been to florida and came across them everyday but this one was the biggest i've seen here!

Back