• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need Advice

izziestars

New Kit
SO I am now the proud owner to a 2 year old standard rex doe. who is absolutely lovelly and I cant fault her in any way. my question is I feel bad for her being the only bunny. how easy would it be to get another bunny. (probably a baby) and for them to get on an settle in together. I don't want to stress her out to much or anything buit not sure how to go about it. or do you guys think she will be ok being the only bunny. thanks

it is normally considered best for rabbits to live in pairs or groups. Is sure neutered? If not this would be your first step. The easiest way to find her a companion would be to contact a local rescue center who can help you find a suitable match, some places will even do the bonding for you which means you won't have to go through the stress of doing it yourself! Also if you rescue a second bunny they should already be neutered and vaccinated, and the center will always be there to answer any questions you have and take back their rabbit if it doesn't get on with your doe, and help find you another suitable buck.
Hope this helps :)

no shes not yet been done. but i will be getting her done just as soon as ive given her more time to settle in. she was from a breeder but she cant be bred from due to a possible dust allergy.

no shes not yet been done. but i will be getting her done just as soon as ive given her more time to settle in. she was from a breeder but she cant be bred from due to a possible dust allergy.

You might want to check that with a vet in case it's snuffles. I got told that Nutmeg was a reject from a breeder because of 'something in her eye', my vet has confirmed that that 'something' is from damage caused when young.

Back