• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Trevor and Derek <:3( )~~~

RedFraggle

Warren Veteran
Introducing Trevor and Derek who will be Badger rats new buddies once they've gotten a little bit bigger. They are 7 weeks old tomorrow.

This is Derek
IMG_1650_zps8685c4d7.jpg

With Trev peeping over his sholder
IMG_1646_zps07171688.jpg

Trev on the left, Derek on the right
IMG_1648_zpsdeb9a30f.jpg

Awwwww so cute !! :love:

Are Rats easy to bond ?

Usually, yes. That said I've never bonded an adult male to others before but it's meant to be ok as the little ones will just submit to him. Badger is quite lonely since Bob died so I'm hoping he'll know what's good for him and behave himself!

Awwwwww, they're so cute! :love:

I love the rat in the title! (Took me a while to work that out! :lol:)

<:3( )~~~ <:3( )~~~ <:3( )~~~

I bonded my ratties in the bathtub. Neutral territory and they it's a good size because they can't hide form each other but at the same time it's big enough for them to run if one is aggressive.

Be careful, I had a complete disaster once with a complete sweet heart of a rat (Kai) really injuring another rattie (Frank). It wasn't really his fault, Frank was huge and he came over to say Hi and Kai freaked out and thought he was trying to attack him. He bit the back of his neck and the Frank twisted to get away which meant that Kai's teeth sliced his neck open. :shock: :shock: It was a freak accident and I never blamed Kai. Frank needed stitches and we later bonded Kai with another rattie. We kept Frank on his own but he was never bothered. All he did was sleep and eat and he was so happy. :love:

When you bond them, do it when the vets are open! Just in case. :roll:

Back