• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

People with lino in hutches..

I haven't got a hutch, I've got a shed, but it should work the same for you! We got thin wood and screwed it all the way around like a skirting board. There was no need to staple or glue the lino (which could be dangerous if they manage to dig through), and you can replace the wood when necessary. We then put a tiny amount of bathroom sealant around the bottom where the lino meets the skirting board so that any liquid doesn't go down. It's worked perfectly for us!

That's sounds like a good idea!

Ill try it only thing is I dunno where I'd get the wood, and the hutch needs to be up and ready ASAP. She's not getting in it till its had two coats of stain and the linos down. She is currently in a pen in my room haha!!

Yeah its pre stuck to the lino so you just need to peel the back cover once you have measured and cut the piece

Yeah its pre stuck to the lino so you just need to peel the back cover once you have measured and cut the piece

I could only see the tiled stuff that was sticky back :/ and I didn't want it tiled but know I know you can get it ill have a look. I could use tape as well to make sure the ends are right down.

Thanks for the advice in a panic about getting this hutch done :/

I've used PVC glue and double sided carpet tape in the past, both work well. If the hutch is flat pack, I think it works best to add the Lino before you construct the hutch, that way the Lino goes neatly underneath all the edges so there is nothing for bunny to grip and chew or to get loose, (and it matters less if the glue doesn't stick so well) and you can then use a bead of sealant around all the edges to make sure there is a nice neat seal.

I've used PVC glue and double sided carpet tape in the past, both work well. If the hutch is flat pack, I think it works best to add the Lino before you construct the hutch, that way the Lino goes neatly underneath all the edges so there is nothing for bunny to grip and chew or to get loose, (and it matters less if the glue doesn't stick so well) and you can then use a bead of sealant around all the edges to make sure there is a nice neat seal.

This!!

Back