• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New hutch coming today. UD with piccies

Getting our new hutch today for the two boys. So excited.
It's a double 6ft x 2ft x 2ft from Ryedale. Rob said he'll be here at about 10.30am.

I was hoping to have stairs fitted but the fast track bonding method failed and I couldn't wait any longer to get them in a new hutch. They currently have a Poppy den from PAH which are obviously not adequate (connected to run) now they have grown up.

So I've got a full day of hutch setup, got the cuprinol to paint it, vinyl flooring to go down and to re-attach to runaround doors. At least it looks like we have a nice day to do it up here in the northeast.

Last edited:
How exciting. Hope you manage to get the bonding sorted. Its 'get the aivery fox/rabbit/dog proof' day today. Sunny here is Wales too, oh I also have to reassemble 2 hutches I had made, cos the doors werent how I wanted. Good luck with setting up :wave:

The hutch came at 10.15am yesterday and is absolutely fab. My parents were a bit taken back at the price when I first ordered but it is well worth the money, the quality is outstanding. My boys are gonna love the extra space. :love:
I've been busy painting it since yesterday just one more coat on the doors. Once I've finished the set up I'll post some piccies.

I have seen their website. I know it does seem pricey but (as I am sure you agree) they are built to last. Our hutches have been really well made, with insulation and thick wood. Must get painting and roof felting! Pouring with rain here. Look forward to seeing pics.

Sorry about the delay, but I've finally finished setting up the hutch and have moved our boys in. They love it. :love:
I am really pleased with how it has turned out, so here's some piccies.

The hutch is a custom version of the 6ft Double Whopper with extra height from Ryedale Hutches, two bed areas and currently separate hutches with no connecting stairs.
http://www.rehutches.com/double-hutches/20-6-foot-double-rabbit-hutch.html

Hutch before painting.
P1030961.jpg

Hutch after painting
P1030975.jpg

Lino fitted and the boys moved in
P1030980.jpg

P1030983.jpg

Runaround fitted
P1030988.jpg

P1030993.jpg

George
P1030995.jpg

Hershel
P1030996.jpg

Nice job :thumb: Lucky bunnies :D I've got a few things waiting to be painted, need to see more threads like this to inspire me!

Amazing! What paint did you use?

It was the Cuprinol Garden Shades in Seagrass and Country Cream, which is pet friendly.
I did 2 coats for the outside and 1 for the inside to help seal the wood and to allow us to wash it down if they pee anywhere else.

George has already decided to pee on his straw in the bedding area, so we had to move his litter tray back in there as we were try to get him to use the other corner. So we are thinking of getting some vet bed to soak up any accidents.

It looks fab! The Ryedale hutches do look really good quality.

Do you mind me asking how long it took for your runaround tubes to be delivered? I've ordered some this morning and I am hoping they'll be here fast. :oops:

It looks fab! The Ryedale hutches do look really good quality.

Do you mind me asking how long it took for your runaround tubes to be delivered? I've ordered some this morning and I am hoping they'll be here fast. :oops:

We've had the Runaround tunnels for a couple of months now. I think I ordered on a Friday and got them the next week (mid week ish). I did have a part missing but I emailed and they sent it out straight away in the post.

They are the best thing I've brought for the rabbits. I used to feel so guilty if i didn't put them in the run due to bad weather. Now they have 24 hour access and go in and out as they wish.

Back