• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what do u think?

shadow05

Mama Doe
51NKWuj06%2BL._SY450_.jpg

im thinking about getting scooter this while i have the money. cause if i dont i know ill spend it and he needs a new and proper home instead of the rubbish pens that i build him that he can get out of.

i dont have a tape measure so i dont know how big it is at all im guessing about 4ft at the least by pic. but here are the measurements.

Overall Width : 147cm x Overall Depth : 53cm x Overall Height : 85cm x Overall Run Height : 61cm

Personally looks too small for me... can you not spend the money on properly rabbit proofing your room instead?

the money that i will have saved so far on the hutch if i get this one will do that. thats if i dont have to take him to the vets tmmorow. but if not i get paid next friday so it will get done then instead.

the money that i will have saved so far on the hutch if i get this one will do that. thats if i dont have to take him to the vets tmmorow. but if not i get paid next friday so it will get done then instead.

Why do you need the hutch if you are rabbit proofing the room? That hutch is way too small to shut scooter in ever, so its really just an expensive base... taking him to the vets is priority though

Why do you need the hutch if you are rabbit proofing the room? That hutch is way too small to shut scooter in ever, so its really just an expensive base... taking him to the vets is priority though

i dont think its that small its not far off what hes in now his pens 4 by 4 i think not all that sure. its only for the night until he gets more use to being out an about and not trashing my room and then when hes got use to its ill put a divider across my room so he can have on hlaf of the room at night.

at the moment i cant do this with him cause i dont have enough panels. i have looked at all hutchs i cannot give him a 5ft or 6ft hutch as it will not fit in the room i can manage a 4ft perfectly fine. ive tried pens and dog crates they do not work for him at all. hes not content with them at all. he might not be content with the hutch but it is only a home for the night. i dont think he will have a problem cause when he use to free range before he would put himself away at bedtime and wouldnt make a noise until next morning when i would let him out again.

That's over 5ft, but still not big enough to be shut in, especially over night when he'd be awake. Won't an XL puppy pen (1m + high, although you can get shorter) off eBay be better and more cost effective? They can be folded up easily, offer plenty of space for him and you don't need to spend a fortune on something unsuitable.

That's over 5ft, but still not big enough to be shut in, especially over night when he'd be awake. Won't an XL puppy pen (1m + high, although you can get shorter) off eBay be better and more cost effective? They can be folded up easily, offer plenty of space for him and you don't need to spend a fortune on something unsuitable.

no not really hes has a pen the longest it has ever been was 11ft until i had to shorten it cause i dont have the resources for the flooring. plus my mom told me off cause 11ft is mostly all my bedroom lol

you see ive always prefered him to have a pen but i cant put him on lino cause he would more than likely eat it :roll: which only leaves me with bathroom tiles which i dont have enought money to get or transport. if i had a car it would be a complety different situation.

no not really hes has a pen the longest it has ever been was 11ft until i had to shorten it cause i dont have the resources for the flooring. plus my mom told me off cause 11ft is mostly all my bedroom lol

I mean XL as in tall, so he wouldn't be able to jump out. Pens are so much more suitable and comfortable for the rabbit to keep them in for longer periods of time. Things like that coop look great online but they are so small irl, I was considering one when I first had Donny and saw an 8ft long one, it was disappointing really. I
That one is only just over a foot and a half wide too.

you see ive always prefered him to have a pen but i cant put him on lino cause he would more than likely eat it :roll: which only leaves me with bathroom tiles which i dont have enought money to get or transport. if i had a car it would be a complety different situation.

But surely tiles will be less than a hutch? I know because I'm looking to buy a hutch for my degus, and even a 3ft hutch is around £60! I really think you want to find cost effective ways to house him...

I mean XL as in tall, so he wouldn't be able to jump out. Pens are so much more suitable and comfortable for the rabbit to keep them in for longer periods of time. Things like that coop look great online but they are so small irl, I was considering one when I first had Donny and saw an 8ft long one, it was disappointing really. I
That one is only just over a foot and a half wide too.

its not him jumping out thats the problem he doesnt really jump unless he knows he can clear it. which he cant with my panels there 2ft high. the pen panels are secured together with cable ties. i put loads on each joint but he just bits at them all. i was really surprised with him the other day he was quite behaved when he escaped while i was asleep. i woke at 5 in the morning to this digging under the bed. i dont know how long hed been out he probably got out right after i feel asleep and probs went and slept under my bed knowing him.

But surely tiles will be less than a hutch? I know because I'm looking to buy a hutch for my degus, and even a 3ft hutch is around £60! I really think you want to find cost effective ways to house him...

no ive been thinking off this for a while. while each of one of my different plans for housing him have failed. honestly ive been through different flooring. a dog crate, 12 different shapes and sizes of pens. now ive just got to this and im fed up :lol:

i love him to bits but hes a lot of work hes a very smart bunny like his half brother. R.I.P Stallion :(

i havent got enought space in my room any more. the hutch is about what i can manage. i have a seatie coming soon as well and its gonna funny getting that in there. the seatie is a family members gift. plus scooter like sitting on them only time hes not in trouble really is when he sits and watches tv with me.

ive tried putting him on my bed with me and watching tv but he doesnt want to know :?

The puppy pen panels I have are attached with metal rings, they are always attached and it makes it easier to move them around and fold them up too. The 2ft'ish one was only £25 and the 3ft'ish ones were £30

The puppy pen panels I have are attached with metal rings, they are always attached and it makes it easier to move them around and fold them up too. The 2ft'ish one was only £25 and the 3ft'ish ones were £30

i was looking at them a while ago wasnt really sure about them though.

i was looking at them a while ago wasnt really sure about them though.

I can't do without them and really recommend them, they're so easy and cheap. I nave 4 now. It's a great way to keep a rabbit enclosed but still offering plenty of space. You can also fit and manipulate it in any awkward spaces too really.

all in all i have a £130 for a new setup. i want to quickly hurry and sort this cause otherwise knowing me ill spend it on ****. lol im rubbish at saving cant help myself lol that is if scooter does not need to go to vets. gonna make my decision tmmorow when i get up. looking more like i will have to.

I can't do without them and really recommend them, they're so easy and cheap. I nave 4 now. It's a great way to keep a rabbit enclosed but still offering plenty of space. You can also fit and manipulate it in any awkward spaces too really.

can u tell me where u got them from will have a look and see if they are on ebay plz. do they have a door on them?

Back