• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Leaving bits of rabbit food

Fordinand

Warren Scout
My rabbits have eaten everything of their rabbit food except one type of the mix which is them long green things. Is this normal? Should I leave it in there and wait until they've finished before putting more food in? Or should I put more food in anyway? If so should I bin the long green things they haven't eaten? Maybe they don't like them...

Sorry for the strong of questions! Thanks :)

My rabbits have eaten everything of their rabbit food except one type of the mix which is them long green things. Is this normal? Should I leave it in there and wait until they've finished before putting more food in? Or should I put more food in anyway? If so should I bin the long green things they haven't eaten? Maybe they don't like them...

Sorry for the strong of questions! Thanks :)

There just selective feeding x just picking out the bits they like and leaving the bits they don't like (usally the most healthier bits in the mix)
Is there any chance you could switch them over to pellets x a good brand is burgess excel and supreme science selective

There just selective feeding x just picking out the bits they like and leaving the bits they don't like (usally the most healthier bits in the mix)
Is there any chance you could switch them over to pellets x a good brand is burgess excel and supreme science selective

Yep - good idea but don't forget to do it gradually by swapping some of their current food with pellets until the current food is phased out. It took me a good couple of weeks to change mine over from muesli to pellets when I brought them home.

I was quite lucky because my first bun was already on the pellets I feed him now x My other bun was on a mix so I mixed in pellets and she left the mix and just ate pellets so it was a easy changeover for me x

I've just had a look at one of the brands online and looks good to me. I'll give that a go.
They still haven't finished their change over food from their breeder that I've been mixing with food I bought. Should I swap what I bought for the pellets? Or should I slowly replace the one I bought for the pellets (whilst keeping the changeover food?
Thanks everyone.

I would stick with the proportions you currently have of the first and second foods mixed together but gradually reduce the amount and introduce the pellets.

I've just had a look at one of the brands online and looks good to me. I'll give that a go.
They still haven't finished their change over food from their breeder that I've been mixing with food I bought. Should I swap what I bought for the pellets? Or should I slowly replace the one I bought for the pellets (whilst keeping the changeover food?
Thanks everyone.

Hello,

How much food are you feeding? Rabbits should only have an egg cup full of pellets per day (adults)so you don't need to keep filling up the bowl also I am sure you know this but 85% of the rabbits diet should be hay/grass!

Sounds like your bunnies are little munchkins xxx

Last edited:
Back