• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Long haired rabbits

I try to brush Harley once a week at least - more in winter BUT she hates it and it is a real battle:(

Not all buns are as bad though:thumb:

I use a de-tangle comb that I bought from Boots - works very well - and also a soft natural hair brush - so in essence I find human hair combs/brushes better:?

I think it's best to do them often, every other day maybe, this helps them to get used to it as well as keeping on top of it.

I use a double sided dog comb with metal teeth - normal on one side and a bit wider gaps on the other. You need to get right down to skin level and comb out from the base of the hair in order to prevent mats forming. I do them once a week - rarely twice a week if they are extremely full coated and moulting. I work in quarters - front left, then right, back left then right, then tummy if possible. I find that brushes only fluff up the top layer and don't do the job properly.

I've got a small cat brush for chardonnay, who has long fine fluffy fur, my daughter brushes her every morning, chardonnay loves it and sit chattering her teeth!:love:

I've got a small cat brush for chardonnay, who has long fine fluffy fur, my daughter brushes her every morning, chardonnay loves it and sit chattering her teeth!:love:

Aww how sweet is that. Chardonnay is a lovely name too :love:

Back