• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay that they'll eat all of

Rexripley

Mama Doe
I've tried a few different hays, latest one was Timothy and rye from hay for pets, they love the stalky bits but always leave the little bits, just seems like a waste
Can anyone recommend a hay that bunnies will eat all of?

Please let me know if you find one :thumb:

My female is a fussy thing, I've just received my order of ings hay so she is trying that tonight, fingers crossed she likes it!

Yep, mine seem to do that too.. Love one type of hay, then I'll go and buy a huge bag of it and they'll change their minds :( Just bought half a bale of hay but they've decided not to be insterested in it and are picking at the tiny bit og hay for pets hay I have left. Fussy buns!!! It is annoying as I want them tobe munching as much hay as possible!! They're despaarte for grass at mo but its not growing fast enough in the space thir run can reach :(

Mine buns do the same, always leave the softer leaves and eat the stalky bits in T&R. I just use those they don't eat in their litter tray as the top layer, so not waste really. The only hay that they ate almost every single bits is Oxbow Oat Hay, but just can't afford £5.50 for 420g-ish bag... Will try Burns Oat as loads RUers recommend it :D

Back