• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I miss this tiny little mush

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
:love: I need some more gerbils in my life
263304_10150386866925558_164334_n.jpg

217517_10150386866990558_1390993_n.jpg

283018_10150373569255558_678313_n.jpg

269703_10150373574550558_4588589_n.jpg

205823_10150386864135558_4707465_n.jpg

223154_10150386866595558_1984045_n.jpg

can't quite believe he's been gone over a year! :shock: don't think I'll ever find a gerbil like him again, he was very special :love:

Teapot is the least photogenic animal ever but I'll try and get some photos of her for you :lol:

I'm not much of a hamster person I must admit, I only took her on because I felt I had to :oops: gerbils are my favourites :love:

Okay, I'm very new to this tiny creature lark, I have an inherited hamster because my daughter adores it, I have become very attached to it as well, it's super cute. My question is why do you prefer gerbils, what makes them better? Xx

thanks BYB :love:

I think I've just had bad experiences with hamsters, the 2 I have owned have been right little monsters :lol: I haven't seen much of their personality (Pudding hated everyone, always did and Teapot just isn't sure I think there may be some issues psychologically) where as gerbils are funny and curious, constantly looking for adventure and attention and I find them cuter looking than hamsters too :oops::lol: I'm a massive rat fan and gerbils are more rat like than hamsters so that might be where the fascination started :)

If I had had 2 people hating gerbils and 2 people loving hamsters I'd probably prefer hamsters over gerbils! :wave:

This is what bothers me with hamsters, our one is lovely, he has never bitten anyone and he seems to really like us but when he ends up going to hamster heaven I am really concerned about the temperament of a different hamster, maybe I can just clone Hugo, we :love: him. I never thought I would love a hamster.
I once looked after my friends mice and they really really smelled awful, do gerbils smell?
If you love rats how come you don't have one?
Glad you like your new chair :thumb: xx

This is what bothers me with hamsters, our one is lovely, he has never bitten anyone and he seems to really like us but when he ends up going to hamster heaven I am really concerned about the temperament of a different hamster, maybe I can just clone Hugo, we :love: him. I never thought I would love a hamster.
I once looked after my friends mice and they really really smelled awful, do gerbils smell?
If you love rats how come you don't have one?
Glad you like your new chair :thumb: xx

I've been bitten quite a lot by hamsters you see, but never a gerbil I think it's very situational in my case :) If I could clone Gerb then I would have :love: No not really, they're desert animals so don't pee much and they need deep bedding to dig in. I used to clean out his tank every 2 months or more and rarely found wet patches like I do with Teapot the hamster :) mum is terrified of rats! Gerbils/degus are alright as their tails are furry but mice and rats are completely out of the option until I leave home, apparently I've been obsessed with them since I was about 6 and I was a bridesmaid for a lady who owned some :love:
thanks, its fab! x

aw, I had a couple of PEW gerbils. Whitey and cracker :love: I also had a pair of black ones when I was younger.
3832_99531694362_3334523_n.jpg

They're such incredible little animals, perfect pets as they're so people friendly and low maintenence, but I couldn't have them again. It feels like no matter how much space you give them they spend all their time trying to escape :roll:

So funny because in my life I've had about 6 hammies and never been bitten... but I had 2 gerbils and they were horrible and bit me all the time! Wouldn't get a gerbil again but I love hammies :love:

Gerbils are cute though, I'm sorry you lost yours :( x

I just wish they all lived longer, my daughter adores Hugo, she will be so sad when he is no longer with us and she's only 4 xx

aw, I had a couple of PEW gerbils. Whitey and cracker :love: I also had a pair of black ones when I was younger.
3832_99531694362_3334523_n.jpg

They're such incredible little animals, perfect pets as they're so people friendly and low maintenence, but I couldn't have them again. It feels like no matter how much space you give them they spend all their time trying to escape :roll:

aww! yeah that is a problem, next time I have some I want to set up a RUB and tube system that goes all the way around my room to give them loads of space, but they'll still try and escape I'm sure :lol:

I do wish they lived longer, they're such characters :love:

Back