• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit events/open days over summer

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
I was just wondering if anyone knows of any bunny events - maybe for Rabbit Awareness Week or just open days for the summer? I got a batch of leaflets printed for my book last year :oops: and I'd like to offer them to people doing bunny events, they've got info on my book one side and a bunny ear guide on the other...

8cc551ec-c554-4c55-9a7e-12de76df766f_zps5dcb3930.jpg

Yes..I was at my local branch of RSPCA (Thanet) this afternoon and asked them about rabbit awareness week. They are doing a "coffee afternoon" on the 4th May from 12pm...and they are planning to give away vouchers for free bunny vet checks with a visiting vet the following week. Last time I went they were doing free microchipping, so that may also be on offer. may even be kids face painting & other things.

They are in the process of making leaflets, so hopefully by next week, I'll have a leaflet I can scan and post here.

why not ask any rescues that do a rehoming 'pack' to include them? I got loads of info when I adopted cats and also Evie from the rspca why not with rabbits too

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any bunny events - maybe for Rabbit Awareness Week or just open days for the summer? I got a batch of leaflets printed for my book last year :oops: and I'd like to offer them to people doing bunny events, they've got info on my book one side and a bunny ear guide on the other...

8cc551ec-c554-4c55-9a7e-12de76df766f_zps5dcb3930.jpg

my vets where after some leaflets or similiar for rabbit awareness week, i posted on here but no one could help, with posters, leaflets etc, i dont have printer sadly either

Love the ear guide! :D I'll be holding a stall at my local rescue centre Open Day, to raise awareness of rabbits' needs (and the 50+ we have waiting to find forever homes) - I'd be happy to have some leaflets there, particularly as my main aim is to get people away from the "it's just a boring rabbit in a hutch" mentality!

I've been invited have a stall at Pershore College Open Day. Dates to be announced but it is usually the first weekend in June.

I'll be raising money for Windwhistle Warren and also giving out leaflets and advice to fellow and prospective bunny owners.

So it's a yes please from me.

Thanks Tamsin.:thumb:

We'd (Guildford and District RSPCA) love some too if there are any spare. We are having two table stalls for RAW, and it would be great to include these in rehoming packs too :)

Fatfluffs are doing a bunny health check day where people can take their buns to see the vet and get advice on claw clipping and things, it was on their Facebook earlier :D

Thank you :) I've pm'd to get your addresses and I'll send them.

The welcome packs is a good idea Webble, I'll have to contact some rescues and see if they would :)

Back