• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeding an adult bun junior food and vice versa?

Eaj20

Young Bun
So I have one bunny currently 8 weeks of age and another who is just over 1 year. My question is if there bonded what do i feed them? My adult bun currently eats burgess excel and my baby bun eats muesli I would like to change him on to science selective junior pellets as this is what my 1 year old bun ate when he was a baby and he is healthy and happy. I know they would eat each others food if I did this so I would like to know what would happen if i put my adult bun onto the junior pellets until my baby bun is old enough to eat excel as well? Or could I put my baby bun onto excel? any suggestions? Thank you :)

I would like to know an answer to this also! My big bunny loves the babys junior pellets! I try not to let him eat them but as soon as i let the baby out hes in her cage eating the left overs xx

i asked my vet about this when i had one bun on junior and one on adult, and she said there was not enough difference to cause a problem :thumb: i would be more worried about how much they are eating, as an adult bunny only needs an eggcup full a day and babies need more for growth. maybe you could hand feed the babies some to make sure they get enough?

Babys pellets are higher in certain things, same as mature, but apart from that, there's no 'real' issue with them having junior pellets - both of my two are on a mix of adult and mature pellets (Science Selective) as Ginger has really picked up since being given mature, as they contain things which really help Ginger's conditions.

Junior pellets have more protein because they are growing which can sometimes make adult buns put on extra weight (they are great for keeping weight on poorly buns).

I'm not sure how much difference it would make not to use a junior pellet, I imagine they would still be getting a sensible amount of protein.

Hiya,

We use science selective junior for our little ones.

We can move them on to the grown up stuff and forage.

SS can come in small 300g bags for only a couple of pound,
So if they don't like it.... No big over spend or wastage.

Hope it helps!
:thumb:

Back