• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor pen base?

Honey Monster

Young Bun
Does anyone know where I could get a base for a rabbit pen? Or a pen with a base that can be attached? I've seen the nylon ones online but was really hoping for something more substantial.
Thanks in advance!

I've bought a extra large fabric playpen from ebay (link here) and absolutely love it, popcorn and jelly approved it as well. As we rented this house we can't have them totally free ranged in the house (newly refurbished). I was looking for the metal pen but they are heavy, I can't move it freely and I still will need a base for it. I read other people's review about common fabric playpen's base that is not attached to the walls so buns will easily get out, but this one does have the base zipped-on which basically make the pen a whole piece. When I first received it I was so amazed by the quality and how well it is made. I've been using it for around a month and I'm 100% happy. Popcorn and Jelly binky binky all the time when they are in, and they love to sleep on it as well. I can move it easily as it is very light, and the extra large size is just right to fit into our living room. Kind to the carpet, which is always good. If you are interested I can post a picture of it in use later. However, my furballs are not chewers (thank God!). I guess for chewers it would be destroyed pretty quickly :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies guys :)

Hmm yes I have been researching online and seems the fabric bases are the only option unless I go for lino but just not so sure about how stable pen would be on top of lino...am thinking that I am maybe best to go for a self-contained pen like you're speaking about tainay.

I haven't yet got my bunnies ( though I have had a houserabbit before and well-aware of their chewing tendencies!) and am hoping against hope that they won't be too destructive, especially with there being two of them to keep each other company, but I guess I really won't know until I get them. Very excited though :)

I have fenced my two boys off with weld mesh on wooden frames and tied to their cage (metal top and plastic bottom). They have a laminated floor with cardboard on top and carpet on that. They are great chewers so have loads of cardboard and a dig box and various toys plus i scatter feed them to keep them occupied. The other two are fenced off with a puppy pen held in place by heavy furniture and breeze blocks and they have the same flooring as the boys. Good luck with your new rabbits. Where are you getting them from? :wave:

Thanks :) Getting them from a litter someone has just had - 2 brothers so they should be fine together plus will get them neutered come time :)

Your enclosure sounds great. Stability does concern me though, I don't really have furniture or things available to prop pens up with so I think I may be better with something free-standing. The aim is to have them free range though like my last bunny was, but I know enough to know that is totally impossible at first ;)

Back