• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two Stunning Boars

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
We took in this pair of almost 18 month old boars last week
Baffinn is a peruvian and Borneo is a texel
Just look :love:

baffinborneo_zpsb9c7b067.jpg

Borneo..very very nervous

Borneo_zpsfcd0f8aa.jpg

and Baffin..just as scared sadly

Baffin_zpsa4fa2167.jpg

they will be neutered next week then looking for a home with someone who likes to groom piggies!

They are lovely :love::love: Are they bonded together? If they are, what are the advantages of neutering bonded males? Just that I have two boar brothers and didn't know whether they should be neutered ( they don't fight at all).

They are lovely :love::love: Are they bonded together? If they are, what are the advantages of neutering bonded males? Just that I have two boar brothers and didn't know whether they should be neutered ( they don't fight at all).

they are bonded but we neuter all males. This mean they cannot be used for breeding and also when one passes away in the future the remaining partner can be rebonded with a sow easily. Boar bonding is done but we have found bonding a neutered male to a female by far easier.

they are bonded but we neuter all males. This mean they cannot be used for breeding and also when one passes away in the future the remaining partner can be rebonded with a sow easily. Boar bonding is done but we have found bonding a neutered male to a female by far easier.

Thanks...I'll have to look into having mine done then...just in case one does pass.

So pretty, but I can't imagine all the grooming.

My sister got a piggie once, it looked medium-long haired, lived with my short-haired. It was medium, until it got to about 6-months old and grew a fine long-haired coat. Guess who ended up the hairdresser! :lol: Good luck with this pair! :lol:

Oh those incredible blue eyes. They are both stunning. Good luck finding a home you little sweeties :love:

Back