• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed advice needed please!!!

Hele

Warren Veteran
My shed arrives tomorrow :p

I want to paint it with cuprinol garden shades as I know that they are bunny safe. But do I need to treat it first or will the paint do all that?

Also do people recommend painting it before I get my bf's brother over to put it up or wait till its all finished and then paint it?

Sorry, total newbie for looking after anything outdoors... I know a shed isn't a plant but my garden savvy-ness doesn't even cover successfully growing sunflowers :oops:

Shed timber is normally treated with preservative, so you just need the garden shades to provide waterproofing (and look pretty :)..).

I painted my shed before putting it together, it takes more time, but it means water won't be able to sneak in through the crevices, particularly where the sides join... Also I did actually preservative treat the bearers at the bottom of the shed just to be sure! :)

I treble painted the shed bearers (the pieces of wood that it sits on) in fact I put bigger ones on there as the ones that came were too small (I thought). Am interested in the garden shades paint idea. Will use it for mine (once its up again, we moved and have brought it with us). Best of luck. :wave:

Back