• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grooming in newly bonded rabbits?

Fellie

Warren Veteran
We are currently bonding Holly and Sheldon and so far (touch wood) it's going well. Sheldon has humped Holly a few times but seems to be calming down on that and they do lie down next to each other and eat happily together - there has been absolutly no aggression. So far so good:thumb:

But Holly keeps putting her down for grooming and Sheldon seems to think that this is an invite to hump her head :shock: We say no and pull him off and he calms down a bit but is there anyway we can encourage him to actually groom her? I have heard of people smearing honey or jam on the rabbits ears but I don't want to do this if this is wrong.

Any ideas? Or is it just a matter of time?

I would leave them to it. Mr snowdrop took ages to groom poppy. We used banana and chocolate drops to encourage him. It worked once but then the next time she put her head down he didn't groom her and she bit him.

All will come in good time All other aspects are very positive so i wouldnt push them into the next stage too soon. I think it was about a week or more for grooming and they are inseperable 2 months on!

Oh I really hope things work out for you, I know how you feel. I think I have more grey hair and wrinkles now than I had this morning. :shock:

Back