• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

These guys are confusing me now

Automaton539

Warren Scout
Ok, so, me and buns are currently hooked up in my bathroom because I'm cleaning the living room carpet. Now these two keep honking and thumping, but without any of the other usual angry rabbit behaviour suggested on the rabbit speak site I was directed to a while ago and are in fact showing more of the I'm curious behaviour.

Have they been in there before? They might soon try to decide who is boss of the new room:lol:

But they probably are just wondering what's going on, different smells etc.

Dizzy has, though only in the actual bath, back when they were fighting because if cramped conditions so I put one in the bath and another in the hutch while I wasn't around to supervise until I managed to bunny proof. And it does appear to be Bigfoot that is doing it more than Dizzy, that said, when I manage to pick them up I can out them both on my lap and they'll sit there a while, ears down but facing sideways without complaint, but still try to get away after they've left the lap.

Well, I've now bright in some food, water and hay, they're nomming the hay well enough and Dizzy had a drink, and Bigfoot just confirmed for me that she's pooping properly again, which I'm so very grateful for, and sorta confirms my suspicions that she want getting enough hay because of Dizzy. Been making sure she got a fair share the last few says and now she's done a normal bunny pellet instead of a big sticky one that she left in my floor a few days ago.

This us really confusing though, when they're in the corner they let me rub their noses and ears, without complaint and without being in a scared pose, but when they're out and about and I try to do the same thing they run away.

My girls do the same - it's just how they are - they probably feel safer in the corner, knowing that no-one can sneak up on them from behind.

Back