• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where can I get a 3ft hutch?

bunnylover1995

Alpha Buck
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, so sorry if it isn't, but I'm trying to find a 3ft 1 tier hutch for my two bunnies... I only found one on amazon, and I want to pick the best from a variety.

I need one asap... thanks :D xxxx

Will you be leaving it open at all times? If they are to be locked in it for any length of time, then I'm afraid it is far too small.

Hello :wave: Why don't you have a look at the housing stickys for housing ideas. The recommended hutch size for a pair of rabbits is 6 x 2 x 2 (that's in feet) so if you want them to be happy you should get a much bigger hutch than 3 foot. A 3 foot hutch isn't at all suitable so I'm very glad you asked your question and can make the right choice for your rabbits.

We don't know OP's circumstances, this hutch may well be part of a much bigger set up :wave:

If that isn't the case, please take a look at this, it tells you the minimum space requirements and provides pictures of real-life set ups, you might find some inspiration there.

ETA: I'm sure you'll find something decent on Gumtree or eBay. My dad actually just got a wooden dog kennel thingy from Freecycle, so have a look at that too :)

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, so sorry if it isn't, but I'm trying to find a 3ft 1 tier hutch for my two bunnies... I only found one on amazon, and I want to pick the best from a variety.

I need one asap... thanks :D xxxx

Oops, I should have explained myself! :oops:

I need a little hutch to pop onto the new 7ft run I'm getting. My two girls won't fit comfortably in the 'trixie' style run houses, but they love to snuggle up together :love: . They also have their 2 tier 5ft hutch with under-run that will be on the other end of the run. (I know it's smaller that it should be, but they don't stay in there all day... but it's also why I need to add on extra space).

I got buns that were hauled from a pet-shop as they were in awful conditions but due to lack of space at the shelter, due for euthanasia :cry:, and at the time it was all I could afford, I've gradually been improving their accommodation. :thumb:

Sorry if anyone thought I was a big bunny-meanie!

:?

Last edited:
Oops, I should have explained myself! :oops:

I need a little hutch to pop onto the new 7ft run I'm getting. My two girls won't fit comfortably in the 'trixie' style run houses, but they love to snuggle up together :love: . They also have their 2 tier 5ft hutch with under-run that will be on the other end of the run. (I know it's smaller that it should be, but they don't stay in there all day... but it's also why I need to add on extra space).

I got buns that were hauled from a pet-shop as they were in awful conditions, and at the time it was all I could afford, I've gradually been improving their accommodation. :thumb:

Sorry if anyone thought I was a big bunny-meanie!

:?

:thumb: You can get some great little dog kennel/cat cabin type houses that might make a good hidey house too.

Don't worry your set up sounds lovely. It might be worth asking if a local rescue have had any donated that they were planning on scrapping

Have a look on eBay and freead sites, people are usually getting rid of hutches like that so might be worth having a look to pick one up cheap :) or free:p

My pair have a wooden house that they have destroyed :)roll:) so I'm looking for a 3ft hutch to go in their run as Donny loves sitting on the house:) might even find a 2ft one for them (they exist sadly! :()

Last edited:
When I first read the title of this thread I was worried. Glad to hear that your setup is much different then I thought, I'd love to see pictures :thumb:

Don't worry your set up sounds lovely. It might be worth asking if a local rescue have had any donated that they were planning on scrapping

This is a really good idea. :thumb:

I've recently brought a 3ft hutch home from the rescue where I volunteer (it came in with the bunnies who were living in it :() It would have been scrapped, but as it was in quite good condition I've had it to renovate and use in the run section of my accommodation. :D

Phew...... Your bunnies sound as if they'll have a fab time.......

Hope you find something suitable:)

I love the idea of asking a local rescue if you could buy a small hutch off of them. My local rescue has a lovely nearly new and really quite sturdy hutch... Sadly it's barely 2 and a half feet long :shock: it arrived with inhabitants in there :cry: not sure if it was guinea pigs or buns living in there but either way :cry::cry::cry:

Your set up sounds fab :love:

:D

Oh wow, thanks for the idea's everyone, I'll call up my local shelters tomorrow... :thumb:

Just can't WAIT to give my girls more space! ...Which will obviously mean more toys, and if there's one thing I love more than my bunnies, it's buying things for my bunnies ;)... much to the parents' disgust! :lol::lol::lol:

So I want to give them more room, yet Mercedes still insists on sitting inside this tiny box, despite having been offered a larger one!!! Hopefully the new mini-hutch will be more appealing!

DSCF1499_zpsc62f3464.jpg

Honestly, if only I could speak bunny! :thumb:

Jelly on the other hand seems excited "Ooh mummy, when's the run coming? When's it coming? Ooh mummy I'm so excited! :roll:

DSCF1506_zpsb3b475f5.jpg

Sorry again about the mix-up:oops:, I'm not very good at this forum-y stuff yet, but I binky-promise to never shut any of my babies in a hutch that small...

Back