• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Photos of the inside of your hutches please

Amy104

Warren Veteran
The buns are getting a new hutch - each pair will have 7.5ft x 2.5ft

I'm really inspired by the Duchess and her lovely boarding hutches to make them a bit more homely.

Any other pics for inspiration would be fab.

Thanks.

I haven't got a hutch, but I have a shed. I've put lino on the floor and some thin painted strips of wood that look exactly like a skirting board to keep the lino down and from being digged up. I put silicone bath sealant across the bottom too to prevent any water/wee going into the floor. Then (or before) I painted my boarded over walls with a wipe clean bathroom paint. If I was making a hutch setup, I'd insulate with lots of sheets of bubblewrap and then board it over, paint those boards with wipe clean bathroom paint (I have lilac!), then put the lino down and do a skirting board. Looks fab, really homely and really convenient. Lots of people put mirrors in there too, the stick on type.

This is inside mine :)

21577c4823e1c2d072fc72f03c6343e3.jpg

I saw that on facebook, didn't realise it was a hutch though, it looks like a shed its so spacious. I really want one of those littertray/hayracks, are they heavy as my hutch will be triple tier so was worried about the weight. I have some of the budget haystations and the hay stack which I was going to use as probably lighter?

One side of the aviary has a seaside theme (the other side is brown and green camouflage, but always too messy to look good in photos :lol:)

RearrangingtheaviaryAugust2010030.jpg

RearrangingtheaviaryAugust2010041.jpg

RearrangingtheaviaryAugust2010071.jpg

LJinbedandButtersbunting005.jpg

RearrangingtheaviaryAugust2010121.jpg

I saw that on facebook, didn't realise it was a hutch though, it looks like a shed its so spacious. I really want one of those littertray/hayracks, are they heavy as my hutch will be triple tier so was worried about the weight. I have some of the budget haystations and the hay stack which I was going to use as probably lighter?

It's really a dog kennel 12x4 they are quite heavy those hay racks

Love the little railings on the ramp. Mine is all on one level because Buttons is blind in one eye but something like that raises possibilities. Did you make it yourself?

It's really a dog kennel 12x4 they are quite heavy those hay racks

I thought it might be. Probably stick with the ones I've got them. Though bailey and Gypsy have removed one of the dowels in the haystack as the gap for pulling hay through was not big enough for their liking! :lol:

Your hutches all look amazing...so neat & tidy! My Amber is a serial chewer, she chomps everything (apart from the thing I buy especially for her to chew...they get left! :roll: ) I've bought her lovely beds & things before & they get shredded! :lol: X

Back