• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can i put a hutch in a brick shed

taz1983

New Kit
Hi,
Basically the hutch i have now is too small for my bunnies, i was hoping to expand the space by putting them in a wooden shed and attaching their pen to it...atm they are slowly eating their way out of their hutch and i am not in a position to pay £200 for a decent sized wooden shed. I do however have a decent sized breezed block shed which would require a clean out...but its secure. Can i put them in here? any help would be appreciated.

I can't see why not. Might get a bit cold but if you can make sure they have a lot of places to snuggle etc. but what about light?

I would have said breeze block is far better than a wooden shed but that said, what about ventilation and light....

I'd love a brick building for my buns but sadly its not possible. Brick would definitely keep the foxes out!

I'd definately use the brick shed! Can they have the whole shed to run around and the hutch merely as a cosy bed area?

hi,
many thanks everyone for your replies. Basically my shed was built years and years ago by previous owners and they used an old front door for the door and 2 redundant house windows for the windows. I'm pretty sure the windows have the facility to open but whether they have now been closed for so long they are stuck i'd have to look into. For the day the windows are sufficient but for the night/long evenings i was going to buy a shed light that ive seen on a website. If the windows dont open id have to think of an alternative for ventilation, but depending on the stability of the door i was hoping to put a cat flap in and put a pen on the outside of the shed so they can play in the fresh air...im hoping its going to work in practice as well as it does in theory lol..

Well I think it sounds fab and very substantial... With the shockingweather we've been having I think its a far more substantial option... My shed is warping already, poor quality..........

Good luck and post pics... Would love to see it finished

Fee xxx

Back