• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Platform Ideas

marchi1990

Mama Doe
So Woody has moved into a lovely big wendy-house/run setup. I am looking for platform ideas because he absolutely loves to run and climb etc.

Any ideas as to where I can get some?

You can use absolutely anything and they will try to jump up on it, you can stack a taller box next to a smaller one so they can use the smaller one as a step. I started by collecting lots of those cardboard fruit trays that super markets give away. My local Tesco leaves them at the end of counters for people to put their shopping in.
Once I stacked up about four of them and put the bottom two open sides together and cut a little entrance hole so the bunnies could use it as a hidey hole, then I stacked two boxes next to the four box tower and they used it as a step up. They are great because you can keep changing the layout which keeps them from getting bored.

Other ideas are:

Childrens stools or chairs
Step up stools (about £5)
Plastic storage boxes
Up turned plant pots
Open box with open side up so they can jump in.
Garden chairs

My rabbit knows no bounds when it comes to heights, he will attempt anything ... even the garden wall :shock:, which he has managed to get over into next doors garden! He can even take a running jump and land up on something nearly a metre high. :roll:

I hope this helps, and is the kind of ideas you were looking for.
You really don't have to spend, just look around what you have lying around at home and in the garden.
Kate

I've used a cheap wooden shelving unit in one of my hutches and the other I used an ikea rast bedside table, it's unfinished wood so perfect to paint or whatever, think its £11

Wow great suggestions - I guess you are right that there are lots of things lying around that can be used.

I also like the Ikea table idea - thanks! :D

It's definitely worth having a browse in your local charity shops, therre are some great bargains.

Ive picked up several childrens plastic chairs and quite a few footballs. A wash and a disinfectant and they are as good as new.

It's definitely worth having a browse in your local charity shops, therre are some great bargains.

Ive picked up several childrens plastic chairs and quite a few footballs. A wash and a disinfectant and they are as good as new.

I will give it a go!

Back