• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone know of any problems with keeping buns in a loft bedroom?

jazxo

Mama Doe
This is what I plan to do for Pippin and her future partner but can anyone see any reason why it'd be a bad idea?

Is it insulated like a bedroom or like a loft? If like a loft I would have thought that the extreme changes in temperature would be a problem

Is it insulated like a bedroom or like a loft? If like a loft I would have thought that the extreme changes in temperature would be a problem

It's a proper bedroom. The only problem I know of is that it gets really hot in summer but I have huge fans, in winter it's still really toasty and there's heating up there

The only problem would be heat in the summer. You could get a proper air conditioner, one with a hose that you stick out the window.

The only problem would be heat in the summer. You could get a proper air conditioner, one with a hose that you stick out the window.

Thank you, I'll look in to that. Do you know what I'd search for other than 'air conditioner'? I couldn't afford it if it was too expensive anyway

Just Air Conditioner. Anything that says Air Cooler is probably the wrong type that you have to put Ice or Freezer blocks in, they are pretty ineffective. There is an electrical refurbishment I know of that sells them for about £80. New they are a lot more.

we have a paid living in our loft bedroom - however it has huge french 'windows (ie doors) that we open - with suitable barriers across.

Humphrey lives with me in my loft bedroom. :wave:
Plan is to keep windows open in summer and a fan if needs be. :)

If you attach a velux awning to each window I would suspect that would stop a lot of heat coming in plus you can still have the Windows open for air flow

Back