• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Swapping hutches

Flopsie

Young Bun
I have a boy & girl bunny. They live separately but side by side so they can see each other.

I wondered whether swapping their hutch and runs would be a good idea in the weeks prior to bonding to get used to each others scent?

If this is a stupid idea, sorry!!

I swapped bedding for my two when I bonded them to get them used to each others scent but didn't swap actual living quarters as I was worried it would stress them out

Excellent idea. How close are the hutches/runs? Just so you're aware as rabbits can still give a nasty bite through mesh, so it's wise to leave a gap between runs if possible. Have they been together at all? Have you p-lanned how you're going to bond them? :D

Glad to hear they are neutered.

I wouldn't like to advise re swapping hutches. I did it on the recommendation of my vet when my brother and sister pair had to be separated and neutered but unfortunately they still didn't rebond.

Back