• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

white grainy texture on scrotum?

sharkfur

Warren Scout
Hi there, bun-buds.

I have a male bunny, and he is not yet neutered - please don't start on arguing about the need for neutering, we know, we will sort it out in march, when we can stay at home with him.
So... It might not be a health-issue, I just can't seem to find an explanation to it, anywhere. And maybe some of you know of it. :) so. Our boy has lots of white-ish, sand-like thing on his scrotum, right under his skin. Doesn't seem to be an issue, it's just strange. So....it's like a texture, you can actually feel the little "sand" under the skin, visible too. So... He's not in pain, he's not bothered by it, I just don't know what it is.

any info, pals?

Sorry I haven't got a clue what this could be.

A trip to the vet would be best to have this checked out.:thumb:

That's the "funny" bit...he has regular check-ups, nobody says a word about it, and it's been like this since forever... :p hmmm... I just have no clue what it could be...

That's the "funny" bit...he has regular check-ups, nobody says a word about it, and it's been like this since forever... :p hmmm... I just have no clue what it could be...

Best to be safe than sorry.

On a financial side, better to have this...whatever it is, checked out and treated if need be. Cheaper than something sinister taking a hold, causing distress and racking up a large vet's bill.

Fingers crossed. x

Best to be safe than sorry.

On a financial side, better to have this...whatever it is, checked out and treated if need be. Cheaper than something sinister taking a hold, causing distress and racking up a large vet's bill.

Fingers crossed. x

that is true... but you know...vet's have already seen him like this...and it might be a normal state of a bunny's scrotum... I don't know...just trying to understand what it is. I only had a female bun before him, so I don't have comparison.

Can you take a pic?
Biscuit is not neutered yet booked in for Feb when I can be off with him and look after him.
And I can't think what you're describing.
A pix could help :wave:

Can you take a pic?
Biscuit is not neutered yet booked in for Feb when I can be off with him and look after him.
And I can't think what you're describing.
A pix could help :wave:

Uhm...I tried to... but they are not visible like that...you can rather feel if you touch it... hmm...imagine it as goosebumps, but sand-like... :p

Back