• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Mini

prettylupin

Wise Old Thumper
We have a new addition to our family :D This is Mini :love: He is basically Poppy, just a little smaller and a sooty orange/fawn. He is blind in one eye but is a very friendly little chap and has been with us almost a week now.

006-4_zps829c0ebe.jpg

030-2_zps3c5f5825.jpg

027-4_zps47d1a0ac.jpg

He is from a lovely private rescue in Bedfordshire called Helicopter Ears.

Mini says he has a very good name :lol: He's gorgeous :love: and a very lucky boy to be living with you :thumb:

Mini says he has a very good name :lol: He's gorgeous :love: and a very lucky boy to be living with you :thumb:

He was Minstrel, then the lovely lady and her husband at Helicopter Ears nicknamed him Mini because he is so mini! :lol: So he became Mini-Minstrel.... but we have decided to just keep the Mini. He responds to it and it suits him and it is easy for our little boy to say :)

Bless !! He will no doubt settle with you. He could not have found a better home :love:

Aww thank you :oops: I'm not sure, feel a bit out of practice! Suddenly realised how easy life with just Poppy is! But he is very affectionate and just loves strokes and cuddles which we have never had with our buns so that is just :love:
To be honest, i'm not familiar with behaviour of rabbits who are blind in one eye and it is a learning curve for us too! Got it wrong the other day and moved too quickly on his blind side and got some teeth in my arm! (just a warning, not a bite)

Awwwww, I had the pleasure of meeting this little man as Lola (previously Jillie-Bean) is from Helicopter Ears too and he is just as adorable in real life. :love::love: He's a very lucky bunny. :D

Oh my goodness - I have been following Mini Minstrel on FB and desperately wanted him to find a loving home (I nearly succumbed!) so glad he is now with a loving RU member so I/we can still follow him - yayyyy! Well done for loving him he is GORGEOUS x

Oh my goodness - I have been following Mini Minstrel on FB and desperately wanted him to find a loving home (I nearly succumbed!) so glad he is now with a loving RU member so I/we can still follow him - yayyyy! Well done for loving him he is GORGEOUS x

Oh no way! :shock::lol: Didn't you know it was ME on FB?! I guess not... hello :wave: Yes, I am Mini's new mummy :love:

Awwwww, I had the pleasure of meeting this little man as Lola (previously Jillie-Bean) is from Helicopter Ears too and he is just as adorable in real life. :love::love: He's a very lucky bunny. :D

Yes I had heard! :D:wave: It really is a small world isn't it! :lol: And thank you :oops: x

I just have to say as well... I definitely wasn't expecting a blonde bombshell in 6inch heels when meeting the lovely lady that runs Helicopter Ears! :lol::love:

he's so cute :love: Imogen has bad eye sight, I call to her as I approach her room and make sure I chat as I'm doing things. I tell her what I'm doing "right Immy I'm just going to move the tray bidge budge, now I need to sweep" but I don't think she knows what I'm talking about :lol:

he's so cute :love: Imogen has bad eye sight, I call to her as I approach her room and make sure I chat as I'm doing things. I tell her what I'm doing "right Immy I'm just going to move the tray bidge budge, now I need to sweep" but I don't think she knows what I'm talking about :lol:

Yes that is how the rescuers approached him. Fortunately we already do that for Poppy so it is kind of second nature, but am still learning re. movement near his head on his blind side. He won't let you do anything in his hutch whilst he is in it without grunting and woofing and charging your hand! :lol: Bless him... he is a cuddle monster though :love: Thank you for the advice, very much appreciated x

I just have to say as well... I definitely wasn't expecting a blonde bombshell in 6inch heels when meeting the lovely lady that runs Helicopter Ears! :lol::love:

:lol::lol::lol: So true! Oksana is lovely. :love: And, yes, it's a very small world.

Bless him :love: has he only just been snipped or is he one of those noisy buns? :lol: Imogen generally chooses not to sit near me while I clean (they have a shed) but if the broom is out she can't resist it :roll:

Oh he's lovely! :love: Actually I think he was featured in the Rudolph Christmas Cracker photo thread, his former name a cute wee face rings a bell. :love:

Back