• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

anyone reccomend a good source of critical care food for my giant rabbit not eating

sandysan

Warren Scout
hi

i think i posted in digestive also ,,

clyde has had all xrays and tests and nothing to be found his teeth have been done , he has had injections ,, and still not eating ,, can anyone reccomend a good food i can seringe him with ,, he is a giatn rabbit and he is over 6 k ,, so he will need a lot and i just cant afford to by the sachets as he will need 5 a day and there is only 10 in a box of supreme scince recovery

thanks

hi

i think i posted in digestive also ,,

clyde has had all xrays and tests and nothing to be found his teeth have been done , he has had injections ,, and still not eating ,, can anyone reccomend a good food i can seringe him with ,, he is a giatn rabbit and he is over 6 k ,, so he will need a lot and i just cant afford to by the sachets as he will need 5 a day and there is only 10 in a box of supreme scince recovery

thanks

You can make a syringe feed by using the normal pellets you feed. Just boil some water, pour onto some pellets and allow them to soak and become soft. Then mash them into a paste adding a bit more water if needed to obtain a suitable consistency to syringe feed.

Is Clyde still on medication and when will the Vet be seeing him again ?

I use Oxbow Critical Care, you can get large packs of it from vetsuk quite reasonable but not sure how much a giant would need. The fineblend is easier to syringe but more expensive I think.

Have you tried to water down pellets and let go cool?

Try to tempt him with some strong smelling herbs too, thyme often gets mine eating again. One of mine would eat science selective pellets over her normal ones the other week when she had statis (a friend brought them down for me to try her with)

You could also steam some of his fresh veg, puree it and then syringe feed it to him. He might even prefer it in a bowl for him to slurp up.

I hope Clyde starts to improve very soon.:thumb:

You could also steam some of his fresh veg, puree it and then syringe feed it to him. He might even prefer it in a bowl for him to slurp up.

I hope Clyde starts to improve very soon.:thumb:

That's interesting as I didn't think they could have cooked veg.

Back