• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cheapest Place for Wire Mesh

KarinB

Warren Scout
I want to build a new run, 5 x 5 x 2 feet and am looking for the cheapest place to get my wire mesh (not chicken wire).

Do you have a screw fix of a wickes near you? they sell it in panels, which although slightly more pricey is a lot easier to handle (less painfull!).

Hills of Devon is somewhere I have seen reccomended before on poultry/chicken forums but I've not used hem before so I can't personally comment of quality/reliability but they do have a good selection.

Hannah

I always buy from eBay in 30m rolls. Remember the maximum hole size should be 1inch by 0.5inch and the gauge should be 19 gauge or thicker.

:oops: how do you tell the difference between wired mesh and chicken wire?

I have a roll of something that I've used to keep the buns in their pens, one could squeeze out :roll: and I'm not too far from Northumberland (as long as its the north Northumberland..)

:oops: how do you tell the difference between wired mesh and chicken wire?

I have a roll of something that I've used to keep the buns in their pens, one could squeeze out :roll: and I'm not too far from Northumberland (as long as its the north Northumberland..)

Roughly speaking weld mesh is squares/rectangles whilst chicken wire is hexagan shape. Weld mesh is what you want.

Hannah

Back