• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

To get my Doe a mate or not? im scared :(

margarita

Young Bun
I am so torn on what to do. I have a 1 year old spayed Holland Lop who I love more than anything (never thought I could love a bunny this much). She is an indoor bunny with her own bedroom (no cage). As soon as I get home from work she has full run of the house. She seems happy, every night she runs and binkys, lays with me on the couch when she feels like it and climbs on everything. I feel bad that she is lonely during the day when im at work. But when i am home during the day all she seems to do is sleep :). Also i am not sure if she wuold be happier at night running and jumping with a buddy. I would love to have another rabbit but I know bonding can be very difficult. I am scared she will be upset with another bunny there and they never bond. I am trying to outweigh the stress of bonding and cost of another bunny (vet bills) but I just want her to be happy. Any advise would be great. I want my baby to be happy and am not sure what to do.

I found a male that is adorable not sure how old (looks like a baby) and i doubt he is fixed yet. Ideally I would perfer a girl but i read that bonding is better with opposite sex.

Thanks
Margaritas Mommy :)

I'll leave others to go into the pros or cons, but firstly as you mention vet bills, are you absolutely sure you'd manage to afford them for two bunnies? That's the first thing I'd consider. :wave:

Back