• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help! D'Argo just ate cough sweet

Mattie_G

Mama Doe
Of all the stupid things i left packet unattended on chair for a minute and he got one :-( He has a strong stomach. seems ok. i am so worried. i am a bad bunny mummy :-( :-(.

A locket.

Everytime he eats dodgy the vet says wait and watch.
I am watching him he is cleaning his foot. waiting for poo.

Oh no, D'Argo has to be the naughtiest food pincher. I would double check with the vets because something like eucalyptus could be toxic for a bun. Check what the ingredients are on the back.

It is Halls soothers with blackcurrant juice. No eucolyptus thankfully but menthol.
Sorry brain not working well.

Vet is going to ring back.

It is Halls soothers with blackcurrant juice. No eucolyptus thankfully but menthol.
Sorry brain not working well.

Vet is going to ring back.

Hopefully he will be alright. This is the only thing I could find on rabbits and methol. Some sort of test on animals and humans, have no idea why. But if it was administered to a rabbit for 24 days then I think D'Argo should be fine.

http://www.inchem.org/documents/jecfa/jecmono/v042je04.htm

That is reassurin. he just climbed on me for a cuddle (or to try find food) and is hopping around merrily. now playing with ball in kitchen. fingers crossed.

That is reassurin. he just climbed on me for a cuddle (or to try find food) and is hopping around merrily. now playing with ball in kitchen. fingers crossed.

He is a rat bag with food. I remember the awful chocolate bacon. :lol:

Hopefully he will wee it out over the next day or two.

Thank you.

I really try to be so careful with him. there is a safe space by sink and on oven he can't reach plus high cupboards. everything gets put away straight away even wrapped up things after thr bacon chocolate incident.

So far he has been lucky not even a dodgy poo.

Falon is so good. she would never eat anything like that but D just goes for it.

Still waiting to speak to vet.

Just spoke to vet. he thinks it is prob ok - he doesn't think any ingredients are toxic. he advised me to feed D loads of veg due to high water content to help reduce any irritation.

Vet said he couldnt believe anybun would eat a soother!

Just spoke to vet. he thinks it is prob ok - he doesn't think any ingredients are toxic. he advised me to feed D loads of veg due to high water content to help reduce any irritation.

Vet said he couldnt believe anybun would eat a soother!

That's reassuring news for you. It seems such an un-bunnyish thing to eat. Do they have paper wrappings that might have attracted him?

I don't know. They smell quite fruit and have blackcurrant juice in so maybe smell?

I am going to keep him iside until bed i think as want to keep an eye on him. he is dozing in front of tv at moment.

Glad the vets thinks he will be alright. You would think the taste would put him off, but then he enjoyed the chocolate covered pork scratchings. :shock:

He has had all sorts. think he thinks he is human not bunny!

We Cant put our drinks down as he tries to drink them. same with any food. chocolates on tree have been banned as he could pull it over! Worse than mum's dogs!!!

He has had all sorts. think he thinks he is human not bunny!

We Cant put our drinks down as he tries to drink them. same with any food. chocolates on tree have been banned as he could pull it over! Worse than mum's dogs!!!

Little ate a Snickers celebration and a hairband over xmas. Some buns just don't understand what is food and what isn't!! :)

Back