• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sad start to the new year

FarplaceRescue

Alpha Buck
This evening we were told of a giant rabbit who had been found abandoned in a layby at the side of the road. The family who found him brought him to us - a beautiful cream coloured french lop boy. He had very sore eyes, weeping puss. He also had fleas. We rushed him to the vets, who confirmed our worst suspicions. He had Myxi.
On advice from our vet, he was put to sleep.
He was with us for a little under one hour. He didnt even have a name. Such a sad sad start to the new year.
Jan

awww bless..... binky Free Little rabbit... what a way to end your life.....
at least you are happy now ......

fee xxxxxxxxxx

Oh that is so sad :( :cry: I can't believe how people can abandon a bunny when he obviously needs medical attention. That's how I got my bridge bunny Holly, dumped in a box at christmas :cry:

This evening we were told of a giant rabbit who had been found abandoned in a layby at the side of the road. The family who found him brought him to us - a beautiful cream coloured french lop boy. He had very sore eyes, weeping puss. He also had fleas. We rushed him to the vets, who confirmed our worst suspicions. He had Myxi.
On advice from our vet, he was put to sleep.
He was with us for a little under one hour. He didnt even have a name. Such a sad sad start to the new year.
Jan

I just can't believe what I read... I don't understand what circumstances puts people in a position to let an animal suffer so cruely. I lost my beautiful fur-babies to myxomatosis; it's a vile, painful diesese and I only saw the very early stage. Poor little lad.
Please forgive me, I'm not having a rant, it's just stories like this makes me so very sad. :cry:

Thank goodness for the kindness of the family finding him and delivering him to you; at least the little chap was shown love and compassion in his last hours.

Binky safe and free Renè xxxxx

Poor bun, that is just heart wrenching. :cry:
Bless Rene...whole and healthy again at the Rainbow.
Etre libre au paradis petit lapin....

Back