• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our setup, thoughts please!

ljm-arnott

Young Bun
Here is our current setup, it's taken us quite a while to get to this stage but I'd really like your opinions on how we could further improve it for Arthur and Lola. You can't really get an idea of the size from the photo but it pretty much takes up the space of our single garage. The only problem we have with it at the moment is that Lola tends to chew the bars when we are around and she also likes to dig up the litter tray. Thoughts welcome...!

IMAG0172.jpg

Looks fab :thumb:

Mine dig their litter tray up too:roll: hay everywhere.. But that's just what rabbits do so I'm afraid you'll have to put up with it :lol:
Chewing bars can be a sign of boredom/lack of space but they have loads to do/run around so they're probably just wanting more space or playtime with their parents :p

Do they get time out of the pen? If not, might give them a bit of enrichment to discover new places :)

You could use an underbed storage box instead of the litter tray...they are deeper and so might contain the mess better? Lovely big set up though!! :thumb:

Do you keep anything else in the garage or could they have the whole lot to themselves?

That looks lovely, but I agree with others do they have time out on the grass in the summer?

Thanks everyone! :thumb:

Aly&Poppy - Thank you for your words of advice! More parent time would do us all good!

cpayne - In summer, they get a lot more time out of the pen than they currently do. We have a bigger run on the grass in the garden for fine and warmer weather.

Megansmummy - thanks for that tip, it might stop the mess spreading so far!

*lily* - Unfortunately, I've had to compromise with my OH and this is as much of the garage as I'm going to get! He got a new car a few months ago which wouldn't fit in the garage so I quickly took the opportunity to move the buns in! :lol: He still uses it for a bit of storage though.

Thanks again!

Looks like plenty of space and things to do for them :)

During the winter growing your own grass/weeds etc might be nice for them. I have just ordered a load of seeds for both my guinea pigs and buns as they haven't been on the grass in ages. Might be a nice treat for them, and you could make them work/hunt for them :wave:

Back