• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keeping my bond with Belle & Bean?...

Jessie21

Warren Scout
Happt new year! Upon recently moving home to England I am living with my parents for a few months and there isn't the right indoor contions for having the bunnies there (not to mention they aren't animal people :() I've moved the rabbits to a bunnery close by. I feel really confident about it, i'm visiting 3 times a week at the moment, they are in an idoor heated barn with lots of space, other bunnies close by, they get all the right food and attention and the owner is so great she's really an animal lover and loves my two. I wanted to do this because i couldn't bear to give them away for the sake of 6 months so have gone deeper into dept for them!:lol: Anyway.. I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to keep my bond with them. In Italy they had the run of the flat and i was literally there almost all the time talking to them and playing and they were around my scent constantly. At the barn they lots of different scents going on and obviously im not there nearly as much.. the last 2 times i visited they didn't seem particularly bothered about me :cry:

I think it is so good of you to be keeping your bunnies instead of rehoming them as so many others would. You will have to try to see it from their point of view and although you will be seeing them 3 times a week I think you will have to realise they may not be as closely bonded to you during the time they are in boarding as they may get attached to the one who is feeding them, but at least you know that when you do live with them again they will start to rebond with you and get back to how it was. They are absolutely gorgeous bunnies and I do hope it all works out well for you and them.

I think it is so good of you to be keeping your bunnies instead of rehoming them as so many others would. You will have to try to see it from their point of view and although you will be seeing them 3 times a week I think you will have to realise they may not be as closely bonded to you during the time they are in boarding as they may get attached to the one who is feeding them, but at least you know that when you do live with them again they will start to rebond with you and get back to how it was. They are absolutely gorgeous bunnies and I do hope it all works out well for you and them.

Aw thank you that makes me feel better :D Are there any ways i can try to strengthen our bond at the moment that you know of?

Back