• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Strange one lights.

foxy2279

Alpha Buck
My two boys where bought from p@h.

Tonight i moved one of their tarps so some of the run has light on it from my kitchen. They are now doing the most impressive dead bunny flops i have ever seen from them in the section where the light is. Normally they only do them in the hutch.

Seems my boys like the lighted section. Both are completely splashed out. Anyone else had this? Was thinking of getting a few lights for them so they can flop and i can save electric as its so cute :love::love:.

Is it ok to keep light on them or do they need dark for any reason?

Yes they need a certain amount of darkness so I read somewhere. Apparently we all should have some hours of darkness as the brain monitors light meaning we don't sleep as deeply. I worry about this as I have a street light outside so I put a piece of wood over the front of the hutch which is facing it.

The top part where their bed is has shutters on (to keep the cold out) and is dark at night so i think lighting the run for them won't cause to many issues for them.

They were just so cute flopping around the run :love:

Back