• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spraying getting out of control... Help!!!

redrhum

Young Bun
Hello

I have ongoing issue with my male rabbits spraying habit and want to find da suitable solution.
Firstly- yes he is neutered. Secondly, a brief history to our situation- he is a house rabbit bonded to a female littermate. He is one year old. He has been with me since 9weeks old, always as a house rabbit, only in a cage for 1-2 weeks before having free run of my bedroom in the day and the rest of the flat when im at home.

He has always been quite aloof towards me and when he was younger would spray on my bed several times a day. He then stopped for a month but restarted once or twice a week. Now he is spraying lotts on the bed every day and in a different corner of the bedroom to where his litter tray is and yesterday went on my sofa when I had to lock him out my bedroon whilst on nights.

I need advice on how to retrain him. I think its because i didnt give enouh time for him to realise his territory on one side of my bedroom and he doesn't reallly like me. Should I try and relocate him to the living room or section off the side of my bedroom where his litter tray is and confine him to there or is it too late to break this habit ? ( the female is 99% litter trained although recently I thinnk she may be starting to copy him as find smaller puddles and have seen her do this once on my bed )

Any advice would be great as i dont know what to do and im getting fed up with damp patches and cleaning up :(

I would confine them until such time as you feel you can trust them again. It sounds like they are gaining territory! Good luck.

Back