• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bun's schedule

denla

Warren Scout
Bun's recently developed a habbit of stomping inside the cage, even when it's quiet. Does this in the morning when I'm sleeping in the bed next to her cage. Does it again and again but once I get up she stops and runs to the cage's door, waiting for me to open it. :thumb: Then she'd nip at me and circle my feet trying to say she wants to run in the corridor. I'd open the door so she can have access to the corridor. She carries on nipping at me. I walk through the corridor and she chases me, making a honking noise. I'd repeat walking the corridor several times until she goes to relax position to say she's tired out and can't be arsed anymore. Then it's time for a small carrot treat, and time to close the bedroom door but she'll carry on moving around my bedroom. I keep some stacked cardboard boxes in the corner of my bedroom and she'd often jump on top of it and back down. There's a untreated wooden tunnel/bridge in my bedroom she sometimes uses, other time chews, but often ignores. If I'm vacuuming her cage she doesn't run. Hops right next to the vacuum and just waits for me to finish. It's when I take out my hair dryer she runs back into the cage. :thumb:

It sounds like she has got to the hormonal stage. Perhaps it is time to have her spayed (if not already).

9th January to be exactly 6 months old! Will get her spayed after the 9th. She's sleeping right now. Tossed off the fleece blanket so she can sleep on the plastic flooring. Only likes the fleece blanket when it's really cold.

Back