• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eddie and Veronica bonding advice!

Kimmie

Young Bun
Hi :wave:
Am desperate to get them together asap now the weather has turned!
At the weekend it will be 4 and a half weeks since Eddie had the snip so am
hoping to try then! At the moment their runs are side by side and sometimes
they sit together but at other times they seem to ignore each other!
Have bought a separate round run to put them in as a first date!
Any tips would be appreciated!
Also have been looking at snugglesafes - are they any good?
Their hutches are covered with sleeping bags under plastic and are stuffed with
straw but still worry about the cold!
Thanks!

Where will they live when bonded? Snugglesafes are very good apparently, lots of people on the Forum use them. The bunnies will manage in the cold weather and it will be better when they are together of course. Always put the boy in first, keep them together for as long as possible so they can be getting used to one another. You won't be able to keep them together at night in the run so that means you will have to separate them and start again the following day. If you could get his hutch cleaned up with a spray of vinegar they could go into that and all being well you could keep them in there but don't put them in the girl's hutch at this stage as females are more territorial. Let us know how things are going.

Thanks very much for that! The idea is to join the two runs and hutches
together eventually so they can choose where they want to go! Will definately
put Eddie in new run first then Veronica - she s a lot bigger than him - hoping she
won t be a bully!:wave:

Veronica and Eddie first date!

Just to say thanks to all the advice on this forum they seemed to have a first great date!!
Of course it must have helped that have had side by side runs now for about six weeks but
I was still nervous! I could nt believe little Eddie had it in him considering that Veronica is a lot
bigger (Humping I mean) but she and he seemed so happy - lots of flopping and jumping from them both!:love:
Back in their own hutch/runs now but looking forward to next date in the morning!:wave:

Back