• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Facebook people needed Urgently

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Can anyone who does facebook go to the facebook page for Just for Pets (thats the UK shop Just for Pets not the USA one!) and comment on/like/share the image and comments i have posted on the mnute hutch they sold in their Cambridge branch for two rabbits. (that quickly became 10 rabbits thanks to P@H mis-sexing)

Thank you

PS if it has been deleted by the time you get there then friend me on facebook and there is a post on my page and you cane share it round so we can try again . . .

thank you

Thats it - my comment they have moved to the right hand side - with just the first line - but if you click on it you can see the image. There is also the on-going discussion on left hand side where they responded to the first comments.

I've shared the image, I'm honstly shocked :( what happens when those babies grow bigger and start moving about? its so sad

just for pets in store leaflets still say you can keep a rabbit with a guinea pig as long as you buy them both from them.

The link just takes me to my Facebook page?!

I'll have a go at searching for it instead.

apologies .. . Facebook isn't really my strong point!!! But the opportunity to shame Just for Pets into action is too good to waste. (although it would be even better if these rabbits could also be rescued).

This is the web ref copied fro the top of their facebook page . .

http://www.facebook.com/JustforPetsUK

lots of people are sending them images of what a rabbit set up SHOULD look like! Excellent stuff!

Last edited:
apologies .. . Facebook isn't really my strong point!!! But the opportunity to shame Just for Pets into action is too good to waste. (although it would be even better if these rabbits could also be rescued).

This is the web ref copied fro the top of their facebook page . .

http://www.facebook.com/JustforPetsUK

lots of people are sending them images of what a rabbit set up SHOULD look like! Excellent stuff!

Ive sent them a pic of my set up and what it should look like :D :thumb: I noticed they now have only two hutches on their website - still not 6ft x 2ft tho

ETA: I feel so sorry for these adult bunnies - their bond has also been split through no fault of their own, they were doing what rabbits do :(

Last edited:
I have posted some of my setup pics too..they arnt the best by any means but that hutch they sold for two bunnies is shocking :(

Especially when the babies start to get bigger :( the rabbit in the mesh bit just looks uncomfortable, even from the distance the camera is

I didn't even realise there where babies, i can't imagine how two rabbits move at all in that without bashing against eachother without babies in there aswell, the rabbit you mention looks like he can just about do one hop, he/she looks quite big :( but thats probally because the hutch is so bloody small

I didn't even realise there where babies, i can't imagine how two rabbits move at all in that without bashing against eachother without babies in there aswell, the rabbit you mention looks like he can just about do one hop, he/she looks quite big :( but thats probally because the hutch is so bloody small

I think there's 8 babies in there :( in the bedroom bit - also, dunno how long ago the male was taken, but I belive they can become pregnant straight away after birth, so technically, she may be pregnant ?? bless her i just wanna go home and give my two great big squishy cuddles :(

I think there's 8 babies in there :( in the bedroom bit - also, dunno how long ago the male was taken, but I belive they can become pregnant straight away after birth, so technically, she may be pregnant ?? bless her i just wanna go home and give my two great big squishy cuddles :(

Just to clarify:

A rescue was asked to remove the male rabbit (ie rabbit no. 2) after it was realised by the owners that he was a male, (ie after the female gave birth). The owners do not want to female removed or the babies - however that is not the issue that I am trying to tackle with the present posts here and on facebook - (sad though it is). The issue I am currently trying to get through (by naming and shaming) is the size of the hutch that was sold to them by a company thats states its store staff are trained to give appropriate advice on housing.

This is an 'ideal' instance on which to get this store to change their housing sale policies.

Back