• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look what I rescued today

Snowy

Wise Old Thumper
On my way to work today I found this beautiful creature sat in the middle of the road and the cars were having to drive around it, so I stopped and shoo'd it off to the side of the road and as I walked back to my car it walked out in to the road again and sat down, so I went back and just picked it up, it didn't struggle or anything and I knew that wasn't right so I put it in the back of my car and drove the few hundred yards to work and called the RSPCA who came and took it away

rescue020x2.jpg

rescue021x2.jpg

rescue024x2.jpg

Last edited:
Wow - A swan in the car!!

Did the RSPCA say what they thought was wrong with it??

No, but he did say that under normal circumstances I shouldn't have been able to get anywhere near it and so something was obviously wrong, he did say that they would let me know what happens

Sounds like you save the wee (big) ones life!

I really love swans. I have watched a couple bring up their three babies on the River near my work. I see them every morning and have done since the babies were tiny. They are all the same size as mum and dad now. Always makes me smile when I spot them on the river, although just now they are mostly sleeping with their heads tucked in!

Well done! I hope the swan will be ok. I do rescues for Tiggywinkles and I had a similar swan once. He recovered quickly, the vets thought he had been clipped by a car or crash landed and was just stunned. I was able to release him the week after which was great. :D

Woah! I actually jumped when I scrolled the page and it was a swan! :oops: I was thinking maybe a hedgehog or something :lol:

Well done for helping him/her, not everyday you come across a swan needing help!

Gorgeous creatures :love: Well done you.
On another note entirely, I'm glad the back of someone else's car looks like mine :lol:

Back