• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding a quad Diary

Snow-White

Mama Doe
Introduction
I have 2 Bonded Male Rabbits both are neutered,(Zuma and Pixel)
I also have 2 single bunnies again both neutered/spayed.(Oliver and Poppett)

I am going to bond them, but first i have asked myself a few questions..
A. Can i house four single bunnies should they all argue... :thumb:
B. Do i have time to spend sitting and monitoring such a complex bond.... :thumb:
C. Will i have access to a car should we need emergency vet treatment?.... :thumb:
D.Is the emergency vet available overnight should i need an emergency trip? :thumb:
E. Am i ready to rumbbllle!?...(not crazy here, rabbits sense when your nervous and scared and may cause the rabbits to also be tense and deffensive) :thumb:

Step One

So im taking the big step, im now using 50%water vinegar mix.. yep the house smells like a chipshop!
Ive moved everything in the bedroom around and have put the bonding pen up in a completely seperate room altogether.
now this means i can be crafty and ask the loverly BF to hoover and vinegar the bedroom so when they return it smells completely neutral.

Ill update this with step 2 as i get to it, for now i have lots of things to finish off ready to crack the whip in the morning and start bonding

Step 2

So all went in the bonding pen at 20:30, Me and Other half are taking this in shifts ill have the first night he has the day...
alls going amazingly well, we have had nipping chasing a few humps and then were settling, the hays been topped up about 10-15 times now and theyre getting through it nicely.
all still eating,drinking and pooping and showing no signs of stress.
So far its looking like Poppett is the Matriacal figure(shes the only female so this stands to reason)
Pixel has asserted himself boss over Zuma and Zuma is boss over Oliver.
We havent had any grooming or snuggles, but we have a long journey ahead of us.
61596_445913748801019_2031894310_n.jpg

Well done for being brave. Sounds like they are behaving well for you, hope it continues. :thumb:

Well done for being brave. Sounds like they are behaving well for you, hope it continues. :thumb:

Its going as well as i had hoped it could im so happy*so far*
I honestly thought id put them together and all merry hell would rip loose.
but im a lucky bunny mummy at the moment and cant wait to have them all running loose in the bedroom, ive made some awsome things as enrichment for them.
Weve even cleared out the wardrobe added shelves and Made it into a bunny warren:love:

Ive got my little bed made next to them and i have a Big stash of magazines and Crisps:thumb:

Its going as well as i had hoped it could im so happy*so far*
I honestly thought id put them together and all merry hell would rip loose.
but im a lucky bunny mummy at the moment and cant wait to have them all running loose in the bedroom, ive made some awsome things as enrichment for them.
Weve even cleared out the wardrobe added shelves and Made it into a bunny warren:love:

Ive got my little bed made next to them and i have a Big stash of magazines and Crisps:thumb:

:thumb: I'm off to bed now. Hope they are good for you during the night.

The night well the 3-4 hours i dozed for went well a little chasing but nothing bad.
I did wake up to find zuma pixel and Poppett squashed up against the cage.
Poor Oliver Just isnt trying to Get on with them, he just avoids them all and hides..
Saying that a serious breakthrough!!!
Pixel is currently grooming Olivers head.!:thumb:

Mini did a lot of 'hiding' when I did the bond, as Ali said to me, stuff is still happening between them. How's it been this morning?

Were doing good, Olivers just had some more grooms from Pixel and has attempted to hump Zuma and that wast very well accepted.
Other than that zuma Pix and Poppy are doing very well, just waiting for our Ollie to sort out his place in the group.
Can't wait to have them all free ranging again in the bedroom, i have this wardrobe warren i made for them and theres lots of floor space for them all to play in.

Im keeping them penned till the 1st then start expanding space slowly:love:

Step 3

Moving the cage into the now vinegered room,
fingers crossed all carries on well!
should we still be nicely getting on by the end of the week we will start expanding space outside the cage!:love:

All moved into bedroom now, a bit of heirachy squabbling,
i had to sit on my hands and let them get it out their system but all is well now.
:love:

Back