• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just insured 2 of the Bunnies with PetPlan :)

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
Hi everyone thought I'd let you know, We've insured Lily & Pickle today with Petplan :) We can't insure flopsy cause he is nearly 6 & he also has dental & roto problems and we cant insure Bella what with all her problems it would not be any point but Lily & Pickle at present are healthy and have no problems (touches wood) so we have insured them.. PetPlan covers dentals which is great.. lets hope both don't fall ill in the 2 weeks cooling period....

Hi everyone thought I'd let you know, We've insured Lily & Pickle today with Petplan :) We can't insure flopsy cause he is nearly 6 & he also has dental & roto problems and we cant insure Bella what with all her problems it would not be any point but Lily & Pickle at present are healthy and have no problems (touches wood) so we have insured them.. PetPlan covers dentals which is great.. lets hope both don't fall ill in the 2 weeks cooling period....

Do they? :? They sent me a policy which said they do not cover the cost of burring or trimming teeth.

We're with pet plan and they won't touch teeth. Nothing relating to teeth either so no help for abscesses stemming from teeth etc.Milly has dentals regularly and Jacob had them before her, Humphrey too and not a penny. Mills had recurrent abscesses on her throat and it was a no for that. X rays later confirmed they started from her teeth but it was several surgeries by her jugular until at last they were banished. Sorry.

Last edited:
I can't see anything about dentals in the exculsions, but to be honest I find the small print of the booklet hard to read. :oops:

You get a discount for more than one animal and my two are £22 a month with £60 excess per year. Do cover the condition for life which many won't. I've always got more than my money's worth.

All of mine are with petplan, and they aren't supposed to cover dentals as far as I was concerned, but they have just paid out for Digby. He had 3 X-rays and tooth burring and they paid!! I couldn't believe it! £300 :D I think it depends what your vet puts on their report...

All of mine are with petplan, and they aren't supposed to cover dentals as far as I was concerned, but they have just paid out for Digby. He had 3 X-rays and tooth burring and they paid!! I couldn't believe it! £300 :D I think it depends what your vet puts on their report...

I think they do sometimes pay for teeth as a one off but it seems to vary some people are lucky and others seem to be told they are not covered did they put any explanation on the paper work they send out with the cheque?

sadly no they wont pay for dentals as stated, they may only do it as a one off good gesture will if the dental is done in under goinf invetigations such as when mabel had weight loss, ever since then they will not pay out :cry:

I think they cover dental issues if caused by injury or illness? Just not routine ones like spurs or misallgined jaws causing issues

I got the impression they did. When I insured Bandit earlier this year with Pet Plan and I phoned them to discuss the policy, the woman on the phone said dentals will be covered. Mind you the excess is £50, about the cost of a straight forward dental anyway.

I got the money back for Mr Bennett when he had his done, although that is with Pets at Home, but they said they didn't cover dentals. Confusing.

Back