• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Today I made a gruesome discovery :(

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
You'll be glad there's no pic with this one. I was cleaning Heidi's hutch earlier and sonething fell down the back of the storage box that I keep all the rabbit stuff in outside, and knocked over a watering can that had been dumped there (not exactly needed for a while!) Anyway I then got a whiff if something awful and thought that can't just be the watering can it would only have rainwater in it... It was going dark by then so got the torch out and looked down and didn't c anything, so I looked into the watering can (it's the plastic type with just a small hole in top to fill it) and saw... A dead mouse floating in the water :shock: It absolutely stank!! But worse than that I can't stop imagining the poor mouse panicking when it realised it couldn't get out and obviously drowned :cry: I've seen a mouse a few times in my garden and suspected a mouse of eating all my carrot tops (as there was a mouse sized burrow in the tub!) Poor little mouse :(

Back