• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Pepper

HS

Wise Old Thumper
I don't know where to start with this. Jill kindly let me adopt Salt and Pepper back in February 2006. I fell head over heels for them and just couldn't resist.
It turned out to be a wonderful decision for all of us!
They were the best of friends, brother, always together and always snuggling. They lived outside in a custom built enclosure and loved jumping up and down and running through tunnels. Just a joy to watch.
Pepper was always the sensible one, and the most perfect bunny. Everything about him was perfect, from his ears, to his tiny feet. He was such a placid, good natured bunny and I loved him so very much.
Sadly he was over 8 and a half years' old and age was starting to catch up with him. He ate his tea quite happily last night, but when I got back home he was collapsed on the floor, in the last stages of life. I cuddled him and then put him into his bed near to Salt (on the vets' advice) and he went to sleep peacefully with his best friend beside him.
I have over 6 years of memories of my Peppi, Pepsi, Pepper Pot and I feel honoured and blessed to have been his mummy.

Double Trouble
sp1.jpg

Two halves of a pair
ImportedPhotos00040.jpg

Hatching plots!
PA130002.jpg

My handsome Pepper, my perfect boy.
peppy.jpg

Last edited:
Oh Helen I am so very sorry :cry: Pepper was such a cute wee chap and I am sure he had such a lovely life with you. I know you will miss him very much :cry:

Binky Free Pepper xx

I am so sorry. :cry: Thinking of you and his best friend Salt. xx

Goodnight Pepper, sweet dreams little lad. xx

Pepper was a gorgeous little boy. Its so hard when it happens so fast and there is nothing you can do. I am very sad for your loss and for Salt. :cry::cry::cry:

Helen what a beautiful tribute to a special little chap:love:
So sad to lose a pet but when you've had them for so long it seeems that much harder. But what a wonderful life he had with you. Thank you so much for adopting them both and loving them as you have done.
you posted " I feel honoured and blessed to have been his mummy. ", well I'm sure Pepper felt honoured and blessed to have been yours.
Hugs to you and give Salt a special noserub from me.
Binky free Pepper, watch over your brother xxx

Oh gosh - how very sad - I have tears in my eyes - he was a beautiful and sweet little lad - gentle hugs to Salt x

I'm so sorry Helen. He had a wonderful life with you and was a very lucky bunny!

Sleep tight Pepper, thinking of you and Salt. Xxx

so very sorry to hear about Pepper, sounds like he had a long and lovely life with you. Glad he passed away with his friends by his side...
binky free pepper xx

I was so very sad to read of Peppers passing :cry: I do hope that both you and his little brother Salt are ok. You must both be very sad right now :cry::cry:

Thank you for giving them both such a wonderful life with you. Binky free lovely Pepper xx

Back