• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbit sexing help please :)

Hi all,

Im new here so hi!

I have a litter of 6 babies, all 6 weeks old now. I am really struggling to sex them as they are the first litter iv had. If i post some pics, could anybody help at all?

Thanks all :)

i can try and sex them for you as ive got 8yrs of expriance of owning bunnies :D

;)
Hi all,

Im new here so hi!

I have a litter of 6 babies, all 6 weeks old now. I am really struggling to sex them as they are the first litter iv had. If i post some pics, could anybody help at all?

Thanks all :)

Thank you :)

I have put a pic of the bunny and then its genitals aswell.(Except for the first one who must have escaped for her mug shot :p)
I think they might all be girls but im not sure.

Good luck
Bunny 1 without mug shot
IMAG0001.jpg

Bunny 2
IMAG0002.jpg

IMAG0004.jpg

Bunny 3
IMAG0005.jpg

IMAG0006.jpg

Bunny 4
IMAG0007.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

Bunny 5
IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

Bunny 6
IMAG0014.jpg

IMAG0015.jpg

Hope these are ok. If you want better pics of any, tell me which bunny and ill try my best. Thanks for your help :)

Hmmm, Im pretty new to this as well....I would guess, and it is just a guess, bunnies 1 and 2 are girls, and 3,4,5 and 6 are all boys xx.

They are gorgeous babies but I am not going to hazard a guess. Boys can look very much like girls up to around 12 weeks so there are not many people who would be able to be accurate. I don't know if you have been onto Cottontails Rabbit Rescue site but there are some good pictures there and equally good advice. What breed are they?

1&2 look like girlies to me too.

I would hazard a guess that the rest are boys but abit too soon to tell to be certain so could all change.

1 girl
2 girl
3 boy
4 boy
5 boy
6 not sure

Thats my guess!!! (though really you need to see them in real life to be pretty sure)

They are really lovely and cute!!!!!

were they an accidental litter? Hope they all have lovely homes if you cant keep them all. We kept all of our accidental litter (were told mother had been neutered but she hadn't) as the rescues are all full to bursting.

were they an accidental litter? Hope they all have lovely homes if you cant keep them all. We kept all of our accidental litter (were told mother had been neutered but she hadn't) as the rescues are all full to bursting.

Yes they were. Lovely though! Thanks for your help everyone.

1 girl
2 girl
3 boy
4 boy
5 boy
6 not sure

We can't ever be certain from photos, but thats exactly what it looks like to me, too. If you could post some more pictures in a couple of weeks we might be able to have a better idea by then. Also between 8-10 weeks start having a rummage in the fur around the groin area, at about this age you can start to see the testicles appear underneath the skin. Once they drop it's pretty obvious but you can often find them before then if you take a good rummage - it looks and feels a bit like a baked bean just underneath the skin at first...if you find any of those, then you can be certain that you have a boy!

gorgeous bunnies! I can never sex rabbits you look one week and the next you think its something different. Hope they all go to lovely new homes

Back